Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what really is Shuai Chiao

And now of course for my plug. Anyone who would like to learn more about this wonderful art is invited to join the Shuai Chiao mailing list at groups.yahoo.com. Here is the link to register.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shuaichiao

Or you may send me a private message with your e-mail address.

You do not have to be a practioner to join, but please come with an open heart.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I was wondering when you'd plug the mail list
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

"Shuai Chiao in terms of Chang Tung Shang's martial arts 'style' and Shuai Chiao as a form of folk stand-up grappling and 'shuai' as on of the main components of combatives in CMA all refer to slightly different things. "

MS2 was dead on with that. People say "I know shuai chiao" when really they are referring to throws in their system that are found in shuai chiao. That's like a kareteka learining a few throws that are contained in his kata and saying " I know judo." Shuai chiao has techniques, training methods, etc., just as does wing chun, longfist or any other CMA. The shuai chiao found in other styles and the shuai chiao style, while similar, are not the same.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

its more like ju jit su
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me

why do you think that?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Ignore RnR's post 7*. He was warned about trolling these threads soon after that one.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Shuai Jiao

thank you seven star - you are correct- many do belive they know shuai jiao because they shuai (throw).

Swai Jiao consists of punches, kicks, joint lock, pressure points & throws- the object to imobilize your opponent- like many kung fu systems we have no desire to go to the ground- but do have some ground techniques

Tai chi and JJ

Just to through in a thoery I never hear much in Ken Cohens book The Way of Qi Gong he claimed JuJitsu devoloped from tai chi. I thought It was interesting and he gave more info on the conection between the 2 styles. It's a good book too.