Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Hey Rogue check out this pic

Jesus, still dragging on.

Ever had a relative that you found irritating? You ever walked around slagging them down to your friends? Ever had one of your friends slag them down in support of you and you say "**** off, that's my family, you can't say that!"

Point is, Americans (or most of the ones on this board) are aware of the, erm, insensitivity of their government. And some of the actions by that government are not the most conduicive (sp) to worldwide health and harmony. They know that, and state it.

But there is a little bit of the above coming out when people from other countries start going a bit over the top and really giving it to your country in the back. You are going to defend it.

I'm the same. We have sh!t weather (most of the time), a lot of the people you meet in town are townie scumbags, we have a reputation for hooliganism, our country is hella expensive, and in order to run 70 percent of the world you have had to do some terrible things. Some of the things that happended in India were ****ing atrocious. The British government continues to make silly foreign policy errors, IMHO.

But, if you go too far in slagging it down then I will fight like a cornered rat to defend it and the people, because ultimately : it's my home, and its the only place in the world I really feel safe.

So, Shadow et al., if you're trying to have a reasonable debate with a group of Americans about Sep.11 you will probably do best not to put them on the defensive. It doesn't take a lot to put an American on the defensive at the mo, understandably.

Amercians don't like people saying "its all your fault, you deserved it". Because its not all their fault, and they didn't deserve it. Red5Angel, the reason I posted that link is not because I was saying "this is why you got bombed, suck it up" but I was rather trying to say "this is the world wide perception of American foreign policy, see why people get ****ed off?"

Take a country with a different religion than ours, or even just A religion which is followed countrywide. Say for whatever reasons, maybe a combination of geograhic unluckyness and a corrupt government there is mass poverty, social unrest and always a few seperatist groups trying to take control. So you have all these existing problems.

And in the middle of this, the corrupt government sees a way of making some more money out of the downtrodden people and invites the US to buy up their oil, whatever. So the locals wake up one morn and see a group of rich Americans building a pipeline to take their oil.

They get up and go to work in a sweatshop producing Western goods, knowing full well how much they get paid for making them and how much they are worth in the West.

And then they go eat in McDonalds in the evening.

So we have a country with many exisiting problems, dogmatically religious, and along comes the US (UK in tow) and puts its big size 10s right in the middle of this mess. So instantly the corrupt government see this incursion as a way of unloading its problems.

"Look at the Americans with their lack of morals, exploiting our country, using us to produce cheap goods, using us to make money, they are the cause of all your problems!"

And really, the problems were there before we got there, we just took advantage a bit, and became the scapegoat.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

How much does Bill Gates give to charity per year? Not as much as me I bet. And I'm not talking about % either.
    Lets see....I found this list which is about 2 years old. If you are giving away more money than this you MUST be loaded.

Who's ignorant now? LOL

Where the Money Goes

$1 billion over 20 years to establish the Gates Millennium Scholarship Program, which will support promising minority students through college and some kinds of graduate school.
    $750 million over five years to the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization, which includes the World Health Organization, the Rockefeller Foundation, Unicef, pharmaceutical companies and the World Bank.
    $350 million over three years to teachers, administrators, school districts and schools to improve America’s K-12 education, starting in Washington State.
    $200 million to the Gates Library Program, which is wiring public libraries in America’s poorest communities in an effort to close the “digital divide.”
    $100 million to the Gates Children’s Vaccine Program, which will accelerate delivery of lifesaving vaccines to children in the poorest countries of the world.
    $50 million to the Maternal Mortality Reduction Program, run by the Columbia University School of Public Health.
    $50 million to the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, to conduct research on promising candidates for a malaria vaccine.
    $50 million to an international group called the Alliance for the Prevention of Cervical Cancer.
    $50 million to a fund for global polio eradication, led by the World Health Organization, Unicef, Rotary International and the U.N. Foundation.
    $40 million to the International Vaccine Institute, a research program based in Seoul, South Korea.
    $28 million to Unicef for the elimination of maternal and neonatal tetanus.
    $25 million to the Sequella Global Tuberculosis Foundation.
    $25 million to the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, which is creating coalitions of research scientists, pharmaceutical companies and governments in developing countries to look for a safe, effective, widely accessible vaccine against AIDS.

i don't take either side on this argument, but **** that was funny as hell. good one paul.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

Here's something else I forgot to add......haha.

In January, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation edged past Britain’s Wellcome Trust to become the largest in the world, with assets of $21.8 billion. Even the greatest philanthropists of the past did not give away as much in real dollars over their entire lifetimes as Gates has at the age of 44.

Yep, Bill Gates what a miser.

Mumblefist

What is the point of your random questions?
    For traditional kung fu go to http://www.taishingpekkwar.com

I go to Flemings for my hamburgers, its a local burger bar, a short walk away.

This thread's gone down the crapper.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

scotty, hadn't reared its ugly head from said locale in a while...

Stumblefist: whiskey and coke. That's what's wrong with the world today! But congratulations on being so brave in coming out to us guys...

and thanks for clearing up that point about Lindt... another difference between you Americans and The Rest Of The World (TM): we have languages wiv gramma rules n evryfink... an propah propah names! Sorry if I was a bit slow about the whole name thing, but why do so many Americans have so many surnames, or even first names as surnames... it's no wonder you poor babies are so confused!

This is a rhetorical question. There really is no need to answer for other than humourous purposes (honestly Richie!). Time for my medication.

From the u-bend...

respect!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Stumblefist.

The 4 Horseman of teh Apocalypse are easy.

What about the 5th??

What do the modern DAY 4 Horseman ride and when will the World end?
    And waht is written on teh abck of their Jackets.

Peace.

Wrong answers.

What about the 5th??

Famine
    War
    Death
    Pollution (Pestilence retired mumbling something about penicilin).
    Ronnie Soak aka Kaos.

What do the modern DAY 4 Horseman ride and when will the World end?

Motorbikes.

Next Saturday, just after Tea.

And what is written on the back of their Jackets.

Hell's Angels. (The original ones)

Can see you Guys lack a serious sense of Humour.

Peace.

Re: hmmmmm

I'm no too seriously sure. Is that the Hells Angels EUROPEAN Chapter?

Naah, think it is the USA Chapter.

WD

Ronnie: "Care for more rancid yak's milk?"

LOL. If I could only split time too my Wing Chun would be unstoppable!!!

*There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

Black & blue.

Some Deja-Fu might come in handy,
    or one of those portable spinners from Que during a UFC match.

But than the Rice/Begging bowl is not to be sneered at.

Peace.

P.S.: BIIIG Fan of TP. Got ALL his Books.

TP one clever SOAB

Very cool books - very clever - very funny. Always remember Rule One... which is why I've shaved my head and now carry a broom to work.

Favourite TP line: "I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU,” he said, “BUT I COULD MURDER A CURRY.” - Death addressing his new apprentice, Mort.

Rincewind has become the hero we all want to be! Cohen the barbarian also made me pi** myself.
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

Thumbs up

SD: THAT was a CLASSIC lmao! good omens
    My hero is Corporal Detrius

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Dezhen2001.

One of the Best scenes is in "Pyramids" when Teppic decks himself out for his Test admires himself in the Mirror, turned on his heel and , very slowly, fell over.

What was tht number between 7 & 9 again. Or was it 4+4.

Peace.