Thread: Teacher in NYC named Cheung Wah?

Question Teacher in NYC named Cheung Wah?

To All:
    Does any one in the NYC area know if this teacher still teaches. I met him a long time ago in NYC chinatown in his school on Grand street. Would like to know if he still teaches or any of his old students. I knew he trained and taught Seven star praying Mantis and another style.If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

P.S. No Trolls!!!!
    mono68

Last I heard, he moved the school to 8th Ave in Brooklyn, but that was a few years ago.

DF

Hello DF:
    Thank you for the info do you where in 8th ave in brooklyn. is it in the new Chinatown ? I also heard he may have taught in Bushwich (not sure if saying it write) Brooklyn?
    mono68

Mono

Bushwich is right by me. I'll ask around for ya.

Take care,
    Buby

Question

Hey NYC kung fu brothers:

Still waiting for info I know NYC is big ,but the kung fu community is well know someone would know.

Regards,
    Mono68
    mono68

hey mono68, I live in Springfield,mass. and practise hung gar and eagle claw. There is a hung gar school here called chung wah tiger crane. I asked my hung gar sifu in Boston and he said that school belongs to a student of a guy call Chung Wah! He also said that Chung Wah used to teach hung gar in Chinatown but quit teaching a few years ago. I think he still lives in Boston? Hope that helps!
    Take care.

Thank for the info,
    but this teacher did not teach hung ga nor eagle claw. He did teach seven star praying mantis and fukien lion style. I have heard about that other teacher from friends also in Boston who studied under him. Anyway Thanks for the Info..
    mono68