Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
... I was being a tad sarcastic there. I embrace AI because it has made my job so much easier.

But it would make a good sci-fi movie, yes?
Yes. I think it would. AI makes me wonder/worry about the future of education. It's nothing short of incredible the quality of essay responses that AI can generate. I think about what "learning" is going to mean in the future. I struggle with students Googling quick answers as it is, or attempting to do so when I'm not looking. Makes me think a good premise for such a movie is humans becoming over-reliant on AI to the point they are too ignorant and incapable without it, therefore it gets better while humans get worse. Perhaps an added plot-theme to such a movie is to imply the question, "What is life?, What does it mean to be living, or sentient?" The audience is left to ponder, aren't we just (organic) machines/chemical reactions after all? Matter that became conscious? etc. etc. " Matter of fact, haven't we already given some sort of personhood status to one AI humanoid? What the future holds is hard to imagine.