When the artist you admire agrees to provide art for your project; that's something to be thankful for. When they offer additional art as prescription/inspiration - perhaps that project is on it's way.
or should I say 為?

You see, on the advice of others, it had been suggested that I find an artist of some renown to provide an alternate cover for my project. With a growing number of martial arts themed comics appearing this year alone, several comic artists immediately came to mind, but in keeping with the hidden spirit of A Tiger’s Tale, I felt it was more important to offer a cover created in the tradition of shu-mo hua (水墨畫) ink-wash painting. At the top of that list of artist was our Grandmaster Tu Jin-sheng. Not only has he made available one of his painting for use as cover art (to be unveiled in a future post) for the A TIGER's TALE graphic novel, he generously provided this second painting. Part inspiration, part prescription: the painting he provided is his interpretation of the Shaolin Muscle Tendon Change Classic (Shaolin Yijinjing 少林易筋經) what I'll be calling The Original Workout in this piece on aTigersTale.com

Name:  YoTT_10.jpg
Views: 1231
Size:  106.0 KB

Working in collaboration with Grandmaster Tu we’ve printed a limited run of postcards using the Yijinjing artwork above as well as the secret cover art. Deluxe print are also in the works. Both will be made available to subscribers first (who’ve already had a glimpse of Master Tu’s cover art), then they will be offered to our general audience in the new year; Chinese New Year.
The subscribe it free and comes with all sorts of extra features.