I need to see video of this to understand what he just accomplished.
DECEMBER 13 2018 - 2:15PM
Anthony Kelly adds another record for Ripley's Believe It Or Not
Steve Green

RECOGNITION: RJ Media film producer Chris Holding with new world record holder Anthony Kelly and camera operator Shane Hutt.

Local thrillseeker and Guinness Book Of Records multiple record breaker, Anthony Kelly was about town on Wednesday afternoon, following a successful attempt to add yet another record to his collection.

This time he had a camera crew in tow who had filmed him shooting and arrow skywards and then racing to catch it as it fell to earth. Thursday’s achievement makes him Australia’s leading Guinness record holder with more than 50 records to his credit.

RJ Media producer Chris Holding filmed the world record event for Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, and said the previous record was a little more than 15 metres.

“He made one attempt and got it at 20 something, I forget now. The second attempt was 31.7 metres, and today we just got 51.2 metres, which is a new record,” he said.

“It has to be authenticated, but we’ll be sending the documentation off and I don’t have any doubt that it will be recognised.”

Anthony said his more than 50 records were mainly for catching things at fast speeds.

“Usually for catching arrows at fast speeds and the fastest tennis ball caught, and lately the most coaches qualifications in multiple sports,” he said.

“I’ve had several international shows over the years come over here to film me, and Ripley’s have come over here yet again to shine an international spotlight on Armidale.”

Anthony said practice was the key to success as he continued attempting records to set goals for himself.

“I coach five nights a week to hundreds of kids and that keeps me on the edge and believing and achieving,” he said.

“They’re milestones for me at my age, to see that I can still be doing things faster than anyone in the world.”

This story Ripley’s Believe It Or Not to feature Anthony Kelly first appeared on The Armidale Express.