Thread: Bruce Lee As A fighter

Threaded View

Speaking of Louis I also heard him say contradicting things about Bruce Lee, something like yeah he was a great fighter to the opposite. I think I know where that interview with Moore is I can try to find it. Apparently the point fighting back in the day was a rough sport. I have seen clips and it looks tough. I still would put my money on Norris if the two went at it back in the day. Point fighters get put down but the fact is they are very talented fighters. Here is a true story.

Back in the early to mid nineties I landed a job working at a kind of Mc dojo in my hometown. The owner eventually started sponsoring a team of some of the best point fighters in New York one of them was fast foot Fontanez. They would train at the school I taught at once or twice a week, and I joined in. They would always spar continuous, only rarely doing the stop for a point method and they were fast powerful and accurate. One time when I was already a BB I spared one of their Greenbelts and he nailed me in the solo plexus with a reverse punch and winded me. Another time I blocked a spinning hook kick from a BB and jammed my thumb up it blew up to twice it's normal size.

So I don't think Norris only knew how to point fight. I'm sure he learned the hard way things where wild back then. He choose an acting career over fighting full contact ,who wouldn't.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 08-09-2018 at 05:24 PM.