Hello, Gene & folks,

Yes, that was a really great event. The last solar eclipse that was as powerful as yesterday's in our hemisphere is said to have occurred 99 years ago. Up in my area the solar eclipse was only 63% strong at the most they say, but if you ask me, and I was looking at it with my bare eyes at it's peak (my eyes are fine), it looked to be a bit less than that- from what I witnessed I could see the planet (or moon or whatever) cover the sun part way, and the sun that was still bare was crescent shaped.

It was only later that I got to go for a hike, to a high look-out, when the event was ending in my area. Still great.

Also, for several days before the event I was looking at videos on YouTube. I was very disappointed with most videos. Some videos said the world is going to end, the eclipse conjurs demons into the world, etc. etc., while other videos said the eclipse is the most beneficial event in our lifetimes so far. Hmm, who to believe. I just enjoyed the event for what I could witness- as far as I can tell a cool natural phenomenon. It felt good to witness it and also go for the hike when the sun was returning to it's normal strength.