Thread: Panama

Panama

Bleary-eyed, I watched Rage (an all-night music video show), programmed by Alien Ant Farm. Don't like them that much, but I couldn't really pull myself out of the chair either.

It turns out that AAF's musical tastes favour a lot of naff 80's pop metal. One clip they played was Panama by Van Halen. So the lead singer (David Lee Roth? I forget) was prancing about, as one is wont to do when one is fronting an 80's hair band with no irony whatsoever.

Amongst Mr Roth's prancing, there were a few brief shots of him in a chinese-style jacket waving a shaolin broadsword about the place. Was this real or was I more tired than I thought? Does anyone know what kungfu DLR trained in? Or perhaps he just felt like waving a big shiny sword about the place?

Oh yeah. If I am making all of this up, feel free to psychoanalyse what this rather tedious dream says about my subconscious. I'm a big kung fu boy: I can take it.

DLR was a student of Paulie Zink.
    Monkey vs. Robot

Van Halen fuking rules!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you."

"Fighting is not hitting, any fool can hit. Fighting is making the other guy miss. He misses, he gets scarred."

"Nudity and violence are what make a good movie. Violent lesbian nudity makes a great movie." - GDA

- Where's my Mook?

Smile VH

"Ain't talkin bout love, my love is rotten to the core"-VH
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

Whatever happened to Dave Lee? I know what happened to Eddie, sales got so crappy for VH tours that Val had to go get a job on *shudder* "Touched by an Angel", but whatever happened to Dave TV?

PS Sammy Hagar blows.
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.