Thread: I find this to be terribly creepy.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Where do you live?
    What is the population?
    What are the cultural mores and standards?
    Do you feel confident to meet and date women?

There's a bajillion differences between your life, my life and the life of a typical Japanese male aged 16 -36.
    Ok, so I have no issue with women. Love em, love to love em. We're all good there. But let's say I was socially awkward and/or lived in a place with a disproportionate number of males, I would still find it pretty weird that somebody would go buy Oculus Rift so they can sleep next to their favorite CGI. I mean, ok, if you're 12... I get that. But as an adult? Sucka please!

Kinda reminds me of those people who spend a ton of time to look like sailor moon. WTF. Again, as a kid, cool. As an adult, dysfunctional. Cultural differences or not. And yes, that is a knock to the culture. I'm not saying we don't have our dysfunctional aspects, I'm just sayin' that it is dysfunctional. For whatever reason. I have an issue with this PC accepting whatever stuff. There is a limit. The world is impersonal enough with all this tech being thrust on us at light speed. It's not a surprise that it would manifest in some serious dysfunction that may have serious consequences down the line. But to just have some blanket acception because "it's their culture" is pretty short sighted IMO. Choose any culture and you will find dysfunctional behaviour. We should not encourage these things.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Hatsumi Miku is ODB's mother. Seriously.

And while Rock the Bells collapsed this year, Hatsune Miku's MAGICAL MIRAI 2013 tour did well. Go figure.

Then again, who wants an app where you could sleep next to ODB?
    The rock the bells thing is a whole other topic. Don't get me started on the state of hiphop.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    She's not a cartoon. She's a vocaloid.
    Whatever
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-09-2013 at 04:28 PM.