Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
I used to correspond with the late Pete Robinson who was a long time student of Gin Foon Mark specializing in GFM's Hung Kuen rather than his SPM.

From the emails he sent me (which are now lost...I deleted the email account we used to correspond on...I should have saved everything) there were detailed stories of Mark's training back in those days. Pete said Mark used to do some demonstrations of White Crane and was fond of demonstrating Pao Choi (long arm uppercut) that would leave Pete and all the other students shaking in their boots as to the power it produced.

Tony Galvin would ask Mark for his White Crane (amongst other students) but Mark refused to teach it, making the comment the students needed to be "very strong" in order to learn Crane. Tony was later given a letter and shipped off to the West Coast where he later trained under Harry Ng, my sifu David Chin, and George Long.

Pete commented that he did learn a set from Mark, but was not given a name of the set. Henry Poo Yee has also commented that Mark was fond of demonstrating/using White Crane back in the NYC days. Other than that, I don't know of a single student of Marks who "specialized" in his Crane. Hung Kuen yes, Crane, no.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete was a good friend of mine...he also practiced SPM. He was close to Mak sifu.