Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A MMA fighter would fall the fak off!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    After over 20 years of sport AND "real" fighting, IMHO, there is very little do it at all.
    The only things I have faced outside the ring that I never faced in it were:
    Drunks and coke heads ( although I did fight a coke head in an Vale tudo match).
    Sucker punches, broken bottle and glasses, knives, machete ( yep) and high heels ( yep) and getting shot at.
    And guess what?
    Never trained to deal with that stuff in ANY TMA I have ever studied.
    I was referring to techniques not the environmental factors. For instance learning Shuai Jiao throws without the jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Blog Entries
    I was referring to techniques not the environmental factors. For instance learning Shuai Jiao throws without the jacket.
    street fighters have been hip to that since young kids. we learned alot on the streets which included body slams and sprawling. before i knew it had a name i was pretty good with the guillotine. jus sayin
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I was just wondering why the title of the thread has "a MMA fighter would fall the fak off!!!!"?

Surely that entices an argument? That's the only reason I clicked on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    street fighters have been hip to that since young kids. we learned alot on the streets which included body slams and sprawling. before i knew it had a name i was pretty good with the guillotine. jus sayin
    I always look for a plate glass window. Preferably an old one, but max double glazed. Triple glazed is difficult to ram a guy through it.

p.s Chadderz, it is titled in such a way because Frank is antagonistic towards people who make fun of the fu. And, he's antagonistic.

Did I mention that Frank will occasionally antagonize others?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    I was just wondering why the title of the thread has "a MMA fighter would fall the fak off!!!!"?

Surely that entices an argument? That's the only reason I clicked on this thread
    It was intended to give MMA people here a little friendly nudge because MMA moves like brutas...while KONG FOO is so fluid and smooth moving.

but i posted it really to say WHOA WTF? it was about fearlessness of possibly making one wrong step and falling to his death and to compliment his balance.

no fo realz....fesheezy.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The only things I have faced outside the ring that I never faced in it were:
    Drunks and coke heads ( although I did fight a coke head in an Vale tudo match).
    Sucker punches, broken bottle and glasses, knives, machete ( yep) and high heels ( yep) and getting shot at.
    And guess what?
    Never trained to deal with that stuff in ANY TMA I have ever studied.
    I generally like your posts but you're painting the rest of us with your own background brush and assume none of us have trained or experienced things you haven't.

Seriously, you never did any type of knife attack training (good or bad) in a TMA class? I have. Probable others here have as well.

Do you really think nobody addresses any of that stuff when they teach? I seem to continually be the odd man out if what you say goes for everyone else on the forum.

My very first Kenpo school we trained street situations, clubs, knives, etc. We even had to train in street clothes because that's what we would be wearing when a fight goes down, no surprises you know?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Blog Entries
    Did I mention that Frank will occasionally antagonize others?
    But hey! I do it wearing underoos. unlike SOMMMME people i know

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    My very first Kenpo school we trained street situations, clubs, knives, etc. We even had to train in street clothes because that's what we would be wearing when a fight goes down, no surprises you know?
    When you say kempo I immediately imagine compliant drills.

So basically a guy stands there with his arm out in front of him except this time he's holding a rubber knife while someone performs a dozen flashy moves to disarm him?

at least a dozen! + 6 or 7 superfluous moves to finish off the sequence!

we did a lot of this, but not really the compliant stuff, just dull aluminums, wooden blades and my personal favourite, marker pens!

the compliance stuff should happen in the demonstration, then free style it.

also, NO frankenstein stabbing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

When you say kempo I immediately imagine compliant drills.

So basically a guy stands there with his arm out in front of him except this time he's holding a rubber knife while someone performs a dozen flashy moves to disarm him?
    Yep, you got it exactly. First part of the "exercise" is getting your partner to attack EXACTLY like you tell him to do and that takes time. Before long you have the "routine" down perfect until you have to do it with the next guy. Usually we only get through 1 or 2 guys each class.

DUH!!!

Why does everyone make such lame assumptions all the time?

Funny, but this is the same school that an ex-marine Golden Gloves Boxer told the instructor that even though I was a higher rank he could easily beat me in a real fight (I was a young, skinny, long-hair hippy back then). The instructor told him he would match us up for sparring and he could go full out. I blocked everything he threw but I noticed he was swinging pretty hard so I dropped him with a well placed kick to the solar plexus. Afterwards I found out about the deal the instructor made with him. I didn't even know it was for real.

This same instructor threatened to pull a students rank if he didn't hit me when drilling a technique. Even though he couldn't he kept his rank. The instructor only did that to make sure he was really trying.

So no, not exactly compliant practice. BTW, that was back around 1974 so maybe Im stuck in the past with my training beliefs.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 02-06-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Here's the thing. People keep pointing to perfectly good examples of Chinese martial arts that fit his nebulous criteria for "effectiveness" and he either just outright ignores it or adjusts the standards in the first place.
    The video is of a man flapping his arms on a roof. I can send you video of old men playing the guitar on a roof, guys jumping doing back flips off of roofs. Forget what the French are doing jumping from roofs to roofs..... none of this conveys a knowledge of martial arts.

There's always the newbie who enters a gym and feels compelled to do some high kicks.... to let everyone know they can do high kicks.... usually the insecurity of a TMAer changing schools.

The flipping, high kicks. Means nothing. Shows little.

Doing less but showing more would be break falling and demonstrating getting up with posture, sprawling. Some nice mechanical shadow boxing.... with hip and knees and shoulder and wrists all connected. Good use of elbows.

These things, while less glamerous, show more..... but even they don't reveal one's ability, just hints at their level of training, understanding.

I haven't redefined the standard. You can't get fight credit without fighting. You can't show form, shadow boxing, bag work and make the claim "I can".... until you go and do it yourself. Then you have a standard. And it will automatically improve. And you can monitor it.

You don't know what I'm talking about, because you haven't.

Blog Entries
    The video is of a man flapping his arms on a roof. I can send you video of old men playing the guitar on a roof, guys jumping doing back flips off of roofs. Forget what the French are doing jumping from roofs to roofs..... none of this conveys a knowledge of martial arts.
    i BET you won't send a video of a MMA Champion who can do what that guy did. you're too dense to understand how dangerous what he was doing was. you can't see pasted your honker much less admit that people have indeed shown you video of chinese martial arts effectively working in professional fights.

Doing less but showing more would be break falling and demonstrating getting up with posture, sprawling. Some nice mechanical shadow boxing.... with hip and knees and shoulder and wrists all connected. Good use of elbows.

These things, while less glamerous, show more..... but even they don't reveal one's ability, just hints at their level of training, understanding.
    prime example of your OUTRIGHT DENSITY.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    S
    This perfectly good video or an old man doing something really cool that many young men couldn't do and somehow this has gotten back round to being about how Ray flaps his nuts.
    He's doing something cool I guess.... flapping his arms and hopping. I give him that's great. Lot's of fun. It in no way displays any knowledge of martial arts or the ability to apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    That is what is so painfully stupid about Ray's commentary. it's as if he thinks we don't understand.
    If you understood you'd be embarrassed about all these pages of text, locking and deleting subjects...... you'd realize there is only one way to prove that your fighting is at the level of equally experienced MMAers.

What does that mean? Many sifu here have what, 10, 15, 20 years training and teaching.

Go compare with a 15 year trained BJJ black belt. Go compare with an amateur MMA fighter who's only been training for competition for 3 years. Just three years vs your 10+..... this is not to say now, take the elite of MMA and put then up against the elite of TCMA.... who would that be? Black Taoist and the westcoast dude who claims being a world champ because he pushed a couple CHinese kids of a lei tei in 1980?

Is that going to be you?

No.

Nobody in TCMA is going to do any of that because Kung Fu is dead, hiding in little Kung Fu only tournaments and masturbating publications.

Blog Entries
    take the elite of MMA and put then up against the elite of TCMA
    why the ELITE? you're far from that level.

Nobody in TCMA is going to do any of that because Kung Fu is dead, hiding in little Kung Fu only tournaments and masturbating publications.
    its extremely humours to here you spout off what kung fu can't do in the ring while you ignore the VIDEO EVIDENCE you look for is place right in front of you. LMAO.....

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    you can't see pasted your honker much less admit that people have indeed shown you video of chinese martial arts effectively working in professional fights.
    So far all I've seen is Made in China stamped on Western Kickboxing.

All the fighters shown claim kick boxing as their primary style. The MMAers also listed BJJ and wrestling.... no Wing Chun, Hung Gar, Taiji, Low Gar, Crane, Mantis, ect, etc., etc.

A kick boxer goes to China, wins a tournament, goes with his Chinese kickboxing coach to Shaolin after the fight, to visit.... and you guys claim that

Again, since you brought it up, list one current UFC fighter listing any TCMA as his primary style. Still hasn't been done.... lots of truth stretching. Lots of riding on San Da coat tails when those guys are training kick boxing, not sil lum tao.