Thread: Bauhinia Heroine

Bauhinia Heroine

Already mentioned on The Iceman Cometh thread and Real Life 'Superheroes' thread.

Film Based on Real-Life “Bauhinia Heroine” Gets A Concept Poster
    Michael Suen October 25, 2011
    Hong Kong Bauhinia Heroine

She’s the hero Hong Kong deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Art will imitate life imitating art in the upcoming film based on the “Bauhinia Heroine,” the real-life masked superwoman who — inspired by films like Kick-Ass – graced Hong Kong’s impoverished residential areas with food, cash, and cleavage.

The crimefighter’s mysterious appearance caught the interest of filmmaker Stephen Shiu Jr, perhaps best known for directing the much hyped Category III Hong Kong softcore film, 3D Sex and Zen: Extreme Ecstasy. Shiu is now reportedly working with leng mo Chrissie Chau to bring this story to life on the big screen. Now, courtesy of Weibo, a concept poster has surfaced, giving us an idea of what this real-life adaptation just might look like.

Hong Kong Bauhinia Heroine Movie Poster Chrissie Chau

It amounts to a 30-minute Photoshop job at most, but there’s a lot to be amused by here: the inexplicably purple cityscape, the cash fanned out in one hand, the rice cooker valiantly held up by the other. The production designers — if you can call them that — at least seemed to have gotten the costume down pat. That’s not saying much, though, since the original costume wasn’t exactly an expensive hi-tech leather suit to begin with:
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thats so nice, she works the senior crowd at bingo night. Must be a slow year Gene.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

why is she holding a pot? lol

She's either delivering take out or that won't fit on her utility belt.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

I think it's a rice pot

She's sort of a Robin Hood character, delivering food to the needy and such. It's going to be 3D starring Chrissie Chau. Do a google image search on Chrissie. It's all bikini/lingerie shots.

Imagine this in 3D
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt

Just the excuse needed to ttt this thread.
    Chrissie to ride
    From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo! NewsroomBy Mitchell Wong | From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo! Newsroom – Thu, Mar 1, 2012 5:00 PM SGT

1 Mar – China actress and celebrity model Chrissie Chow's new film "Bauhinia Heroine 3D" will require her to perform on a motorcycle, but as she has no licence to do so yet, Chow has announced that she would be taking a motorcycle test and pass, according to TVB News World.

To quote the renowned model, "I plan to ask Mommy because she used to constantly ride the motorcycle on grocery runs. When I was little I constantly rode at the back. She also said that when I got the license I should give her a ride."

The 27-year-old goddess had already shown her determination in achieving this feat by scheduling herself a motorcycle test. In addition, the actress had also refused the use of stunt doubles despite burning her thigh earlier at work. She remarked that she was not worried as injuries are inevitable on set and that the team would purchase a lot of insurance for her.

"Actually I don't dare to watch my own performance, I would feel embarrassed and get the shakes, but my friends feel that I have improved with every film," said the Chaozhou-raised star.

When asked which movie of hers that she would definitely never watch again, Chow replied, "My idea was that I might as well not watch all my films but save them as material to study from."

The "Lan Kwai Fong" actress revealed that she was keen to try her hand at playing a tragic character because she wants to show a side of her that wants to be protected, as others thought she was very tough.

What about her boyfriend? To this Chow huffed, "Earlier when we went to Thailand my boyfriend got sick, and I had to take care of him!"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Chrissie is training Wing Chun for this

Here's a Chinese article on it - the pictures say it all.
    周秀娜苦练武功车技备战电影《紫荆侠》
    http://www.sina.com.cn 2012年04月13日18:10 新浪娱乐微博

周秀娜主演《紫荆侠》先导海报

周秀娜苦练武功 周秀娜苦练武功

叶问传人教授周秀娜咏春拳

新浪娱乐讯 香港人气女艺人周秀娜(微博)自去年主攻影视以来人气暴增,以性感活力出道的她近期工作满档,不仅转战内地 和香港拍戏,更推出自己设计的内衣品牌在北京投资开店,可谓事业生意两不误。

周秀娜近期秘密接受咏春拳和摩托车技训练,为即将开拍的香港3D大片《紫荆侠》做准备,去年她在马来西 亚拍戏时不小心弄伤脚,仍忍痛坚持完成工作,对这次主演《紫荆侠》周秀娜信心满满,表示不会受过去旧伤的影 响,正在努力跟叶问系咏春第三代传人张颖麟师父学打拳,将以最好的状态投入《紫荆侠》的拍摄。据悉,《3D 紫荆侠》是根据真人真事启发而成的都市奇侠片,女主角选定周秀娜担纲,已发布两款先行海报,该片将于年中开 拍,明年上映。

周秀娜今年事业蒸蒸日上,不仅交出多部卖座的影视作品,还计划于下半年推出新鲜写真跟传记。今年情人节 档周秀娜与范逸臣主演的惊悚电影《夜店诡谈》收获很好票房,片中周秀娜性感冷艳的形象给人留下强烈印象,同 期她还接拍在内地的第一部古装电视大戏《唐朝浪漫英雄》,摇身变作男扮女装的帅气御姐,与英达、吴倩莲、叶 童等人开心出演对手戏。

另据获悉,由周秀娜、杨幂(微博)和刘恺威(微博)联袂主演的唯美爱情电影《hold住爱》也开机在即 。
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips