Thread: Every argument on here goes like this

Every argument on here goes like this

Every argument on here goes like this.

A) It's like this.
    B) No it's not.
    A) #$&*(#&$#(&*#
    B) $&*(#$&*(#$*(#

End of argument.

...and then, it gets moved to off topic because it doesn't belong on the main forum. Like this one.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Never say the other person is wrong. You express your opinion and I express mine. If we agree, that's fine. If we don't, that's fine too.

That's stupid. People ARE wrong about things. WTF kind of world do you think we live in where everyone is right? That's not even possible.

I refuse to sit back and play "oh, we're all right here... we just have different opinions"

Bull****. Someone is wrong.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

ya i agree sometimes people are just wrong. when it comes down to semantics or preference thats one thing, but sometimes some people are just wrong about things.

for instance, im right all the time, and everyone else is always wrong!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I wish the world was that black and white.

When it comes to postulating about martial arts in the written form or spoken word, no body is right or wrong and we only have opinions. The truth of each individuals martial art is only revealed in conflict.

Nothing else will do in an area that demands tactile representation to get full understanding in both learning and in doing.

I mean, there is blatantly erroneous and that is all fair to point out. IE: you can stop a shoot with a strike to the back. That is wrong. It has been proven wrong.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I wish the world was that black and white.
    When I was young in Taiwan, I used to sing a song, "We should unit all the weak to fight against the strong. The invaders should be killed."

Today I'm a citizen of a country that is strong and loves to invade other countries.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-09-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Even if right and wrong are unknown at the time, that does not mean that it does not exist.

It's crap like "everyone is right" that promotes neck-breaking, cartilage to the brain nose strikes, and dim mak death touches, and places actual, proven combat techniques in the same category.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    That's stupid. People ARE wrong about things. WTF kind of world do you think we live in where everyone is right? That's not even possible.

I refuse to sit back and play "oh, we're all right here... we just have different opinions"

Bull****. Someone is wrong.
    Yeah you!!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When I was young in Taiwan, I used to sing a song, "We should unit all the weak to fight against the strong. The invaders should be killed."

Today I'm a citizen of a country that is strong and loves to invade other countries.
    Bitter Reality YKW. bitter. reality.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    It's crap like "everyone is right" that promotes neck-breaking, cartilage to the brain nose strikes, and dim mak death touches, and places actual, proven combat techniques in the same category.
    haha yep!
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

The odds that either side is right in a long established internet argument is zero, because people are not arguing, they are repeating stock arguments that don't really relate and are all hopelessly lame.

Pretending this is anything more than social hour is horsesh1t.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    WTF kind of world do you think we live in where everyone is right? That's not even possible.
    Long time ago when I had my 1st year Kung Fu class in the University of Texas at Austin. I made the following statement in my class, "We should help the weak to fight againt the strong." I was surprised to find out that not even a single American student who agreed with me. I then realized that what I used to believe was right was no longer right any more when the physical location has changed. Today if I make the same statement in public, I could be arrested as terrorist.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-09-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    The odds that either side is right in a long established internet argument is zero, because people are not arguing, they are repeating stock arguments that don't really relate and are all hopelessly lame.

Pretending this is anything more than social hour is horsesh1t.
    We should open an online stock martial arts argument shop.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    We should open an online stock martial arts argument shop.
    I have an excellent collection of smug responses based on vague claims from inside sources that [insert member name here] doesn't have good kung fu.