Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change in perception.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Tom,

is there some clever sarcasm I'm missing, or are you just being a d1ck?
    If you could explain to me the distinction you make between those two choices, I might be able to answer your question.

Threads like this one come up every so often. It's basically the thread type along the lines "can't we all get along if we just do this?" These threads don't accomplish anything and I normally ignore them.

I like the online persona that is m1k3, so I chose to respond. I'm making it painfully clear he doesn't need others to validate how he feels and that he is talking to the wrong people if he has a difference of opinion over this forum's editorial policy.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 09-13-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Dear sweet god no! This was not a "can't we all get along if we just do this?" thread!

It was simply something that I have picked up recently that has had a positive impact on my mental health, a lot less free floating anger and anxiety. Thought I'd share and maybe someone would get something out of it, maybe not.

It would be nice if it improved the quality of the posts though. Too much is simply a knee jerk reaction with little or no thought involved.

I'm making it painfully clear he doesn't need others to validate how he feels
    Yeap, I figured that one out already and as for painful, after living 10 years with an active alcoholic that post didn't even register on the pain radar. Looks like your going to have to work on the biting wit Tom.

and that he is talking to the wrong people if he has a difference of opinion over this forum's editorial policy.
    I have to say I really don't give a rat's rear about the editorial policy but to be honest I miss knifefighter. He was a troll, he admitted he was a troll but he often had good, well thought out and nasty posts that were very entertaining.

I like the online persona that is m1k3
    Thanks Tom, I like you too. <3 However this split from my wife has left me somewhat down and I don't think I am ready for another relationship quite yet.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Dear sweet god no! This was not a "can't we all get along if we just do this?" thread!
    Oh really? Consider:

It was simply something that I have picked up recently that has had a positive impact on my mental health, a lot less free floating anger and anxiety. Thought I'd share and maybe someone would get something out of it, maybe not.

It would be nice if it improved the quality of the posts though.
    Too much is simply a knee jerk reaction with little or no thought involved.
    and also:
    I have to say I really don't give a rat's rear about the editorial policy but to be honest I miss knifefighter. He was a troll, he admitted he was a troll but he often had good, well thought out and nasty posts that were very entertaining.
    (Emphasis mine)

Contradictions.

Yeap, I figured that one out already and as for painful, after living 10 years with an active alcoholic that post didn't even register on the pain radar. Looks like your going to have to work on the biting wit Tom.

Thanks Tom, I like you too. <3 However this split from my wife has left me somewhat down and I don't think I am ready for another relationship quite yet.
    I find it amusing, considering what you wrote in the OP, you quickly abandoned trying to be engaging and entertaining for the old lure of trying to show me how clever you are.

Considering what you wrote, I suppose it is good you feel the what you write here in the OP. Repetition is highly underrated, IMO. But the only people who will heed your words are those who generally do what you're saying, anyway. Perhaps you now understand a little better why I consider these threads don't accomplish anything and are more than a little strange? If still not, then perhaps the next time you are near 30th St Station in Philly, start telling a few who have some time to kill the same insight in the OP and gauge their reactions. It doesn't work; you don't know them and you haven't wronged them. You need to lean on your friendship with Bill W., not random, anonymous people.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

I guess we will have to agree to disagree Tom. I am just not seeing where you are coming from. I was simply sharing some experience with no expectations other than some interesting conversation, I was bored at work. No deeper meanings.

I am finding our conversation interesting.

I don't see the contradiction between not caring about the editorial polices of the board and missing knifefighter's posts. I found them entertaining but many people didn't. Ergo, he is gone. This really isn't a big deal and I am not raging against the machine because of his banning.

I read and post here primarily for entertainment and the occasional good advice. If I can post something that increases the entertainment value for me then it was a success. I consider this thread to be a success.

Please continue as I enjoy your perspective and posting style.

Your friend,
    Mike

See - threads at KFO CAN actually have "kumbaya" endings.

My perception IS changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    See - threads at KFO CAN actually have "kumbaya" endings.

My perception IS changed...
    LOL, thank you for sharing that.
    Mike

That sort of understanding only goes so far as several now banned members had demonstrated over and over again. There are a number of people who live in a fantasy that they are the only one who gets it (in spite of lack of experience) so there is no understanding that can be had.