Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooftop Matches

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

yihe rebels practiced meihua quan and hong quan. the"spirit boxing" was westerners trying to descrbie hard qigong.
    don't try to troll someone with a master's in Chinese history from the Elliott School

"spirit boxing" was NOT hard chi kung and there was a huge component of it in the boxer movement. Extremely well documented in precise detail thanks to Escherwick
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

superstition and spirit posession was a common part of old chinese martial arts. its different from actually scamming people and not teaching them how to properly fight.

if you are knowledgable in chinese history then you should know all upper leaders of yihetuan were students of meihua and hongquan.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-28-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    superstition and spirit posession was a common part of old chinese martial arts. its different from actually scamming people and not teaching them how to properly fight.
    but that is EXACTLY what they did

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

boxer rebels killed thousands and thousands of people. i dont see how they were scammed.

first you trivilialize the imperial martial exam, then you ridicule the last largest martial rebellion. you are trying to justify how guangdong kung fu never did anythign anywhere.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-28-2011 at 01:17 PM.

seriously, now you are just trolling and totally derailing a good thread

i am being serious. you just have problem taking criticism about cantonese kung fu.

one moment you make kung fu seem useless, you dont even train or teach forms. the next moment you get sensitive about the most shady region in china. i reallly dont get it.

i am not derailing this thread. this thread is about the rooftop matches in hongkong. i am trying to explain the mentality behind the people that filmed those slap fights. that it lies deep in the cantonese psyche.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-28-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Do you guys really think people buy all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    dunno...some people think true2form is Kung-Fu.
    clearly it is not...

...STEP!

Blog Entries
    You sure can fool your opponent big time. When you post a Taiji "white crane flip wings", the moment that your opponent started to laught at you, the moment that you move in and knock your opponent down with one punch. It's a good strategy even Bruce Lee used it in "Return The Dragon" movie (at 1.14).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTo3nqKqfY
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-28-2011 at 01:54 PM.

ok so where are the good fight clips that show true TCMA in action?

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    read or re-read my two posts, and if we get a good discussion going I'll continue my point
    please continue it,

this is guangdong, the ass end middle of nowhere in china. they have a monopoly on american kung fu. it is not representative of chinese martial arts.

those hongkong rooftop guys means nothing, their action changs nothing.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-28-2011 at 02:48 PM.

It is hard to define what happened to CMA fighting prowess in first decades of 20’s century; it is it possible that Jingwu’s view point of wushu as a recreational activity affected the pugilistic scope of wushu?

It seems that Goushu tried to rectified this problem by focusing on reaction skills, e.g., boxing, shuaijiao, tuishou, etc.; however, it seemed it was a bit to late to undo the damage.
    Last edited by Mulong; 08-28-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    It is hard to define what happened to CMA fighting prowess in first decades of 20’s century; it is it possible that Jingwu’s view point of wushu as a recreational activity affected the pugilistic scope of wushu?

It seems that Goushu tried to rectified this problem by focusing on recreational skills, e.g., boxing, shuaijiao, tuishou, etc.; however, it seemed it was a bit to late to undo the damage.
    the biggest damage were the movies. they plant powerful false images inside peoples minds
    Last edited by bawang; 08-28-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Indeed bawang, but that came later down the road...