Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    To go out of the body is a consequence of the big spread of the arms but to work with a 10 cm spread is the standard for anybody that allow to develop short strength
    10 cm= 3.9 inch the width of what part of the arms ?
    in the diagram as an example I downloaded from the interweb it has 188mm [or 18.8cm] = 7.4 inch as the width, not implying the correct width but is this the width implied ....10cm ? my forearm at the elbow is bigger than that.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Leung bik was saying to ip man that he never lost a fight and that he never used more than two or three movements ..,
    After being shown the YM/WSL/PB method 2-3 moves seems the norm
    Not bragging , but as a VT exponent , I have finished many fights with only one move, no guessing what that move was....
    Last edited by k gledhill; 08-20-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    10 cm= 3.9 inch the width of what part of the arms ?
    in the diagram as an example I downloaded from the interweb it has 188mm [or 18.8cm] = 7.4 inch as the width, not implying the correct width but is this the width implied ....10cm ? my forearm at the elbow is bigger than that.
    The spread is measured from the inside of the arms at their end not like the picture from the centers of each arms

The spread is measured from the inside of the arms at their end not like the picture from the centers of each arms
    so the spread is around 6 inches or 15.4 cm inside the arm ends ? that seems like a realistic figure.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 08-20-2011 at 04:09 PM.

練習木人椿,在學習尋橋前開始。先打’散椿’,[我就打了半年有多]何謂散椿?即是;斬手,攤打,打連環拳,打橫掌,圈手等等基本攻擊動作,因動作較簡單,容易掌握,不致於真 正練習起來腳亂手忙,而且也習慣手不會一下痛起來而繼續不下去。[打椿,如果沒有流過多次血,破過幾次皮,別說打過椿,隻能講,幫木人椿做過’按摸’而己]。
    Training the wooden dummy begins before Chum Kiu training. First hit the 'saan jong' {translator note: I'm guessing san sik on dummy}, [I trained this for over half a year].

What is 'saan jong'? This is: jam sau (chop), tan sau, continuous punch (lin wan kuen), horizontal palm (wang jeung), huen sau and so on, basic attack movements, because the movement is simple, easy to grasp, so that when it is really practiced there is no confusion in the hands and feet, moreover it familiarizes the hands/arms so that a little pain will not cause a stop (to training).

[Hitting the dummy. If one has not bled many times, broken the skin several times, let's not talk about hitting the dummy, one can only say one has 'massaged' the dummy].
    Last edited by CFT; 08-20-2011 at 04:31 PM.

學了尋橋后,來認真。1-30下動作,整合好身體入形,左右走馬,雙手相互配合,同做不同動作,各用不同的力,馬跟手走。4 0下開始 ,雙手各不同,走馬,起腳。詠春椿,單數右邊收手,雙數左邊收手,絕不搞錯。低綁手開始起腳, 手腳齊來[梁壁如是,陳華順無什麼腳法]腳打前后左右高低。一直到收椿最后一下,也是起腳。
    After studying Chum Kiu, then for real. 1-30 movements, unifies the body entry shape, left right running horse, both hands coordinate mutually, together performing different movements, each with different power, horse runs after the hands.

From 40 onwards, both hands are respectively different, running horse, rising kick. Wing Chun dummy, odd number withdraw hand on right side, even number withdraw hand on left side, absolutely no mistake.

Low bong sau to start (then) rising kick, the hands and feet arrive together [Leung Bik is like this, Chan Wah Shun does not have any footwork]. Kicks to front, back, left, right, high and low. Until closing the dummy the last movement is also rising kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MQkMno3oA&NR=1

The above is a short clip of Ng Chan doing gan/jam and double jam do.
    he seems to be using the broader knives in this clip whereas ina an earlier still he was using the thinner knives.

Some well known moves- nothing special.

joy chaudhuri

詠春拳木人椿100下另加’生死八腳’而成為108下木人椿法。100個動作包括了詠春拳的;直拳,攤手, 斬手,伏手,侄手,綁手,護手,耕手,捆手,低綁手,標手,fa手,蝴蝶掌,內外抱排手,正掌 ,橫掌,圈手 ,蠟[音立]手,拍手,攔手等動作手法。怎樣練?首先要用力打,一般打到手腕處骨膜增生,變形到特別大。看圖上1,吾師 手腕,24年前與我徒黐手。上2,24年后我徒,看他手腕,葉問手腕。李小龍就不成了,所以, 他沒有橋力。[以后,各位每逢遇到所謂詠春拳大師,不妨先看手腕,如果不是這樣,哈哈]
    Wing Chun Kuen wooden dummy 100 movements adding the 'life and death eight kicks' becomes the 108 movement wooden dummy method. The 100 movements include the Wing Chun Kuen: straight punch, tan sau, jam (chop) sau, fuk sau, jut sau, bong sau, wu sau, gan sau, kwan sau, low bong sau, biu sau, fa(?) sau, butterfly palm, inner and outer po pai, straight palm (jing jeung), horizontal palm, huen sau, lap sau, pak sau, lan sau, etc. hand techniques. How to practice? First must use power to hit, generally hitting until the area near the wrist grows and greatly increases in size. In picture 1, my teacher's wrists, 24 years ago he chi sau's with my student. Picture 2, my student 24 years later, looks at his wrists, Yip Man's wrists. Bruce Lee is inadequate here, therefore, he does not have the bridge strength. [afterwards, each time anyone meets a so-called Wing Chun Kuen master, first look at their wrists, if it is not like this, ha ha].

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

he seems to be using the broader knives in this clip whereas ina an earlier still he was using the thinner knives.

joy chaudhuri
    hello

fine to see regarding your precedent mail that you are progressing in your perception of the original wing chun

i wish again to precise that these clips have no interest apart to show the precision of the flow of his movements (again like the ip man clips)

but they should not be educatives;

about the movements themselves most are wrong like the precedents videos

in fact ,this way to film people when they dont promote anything of their own drive non
    warned watchers to a wrong practise on wing chun

perhaps we should discuss about how people are reaching the level of mastering their art and to what this is really corresponding

what people are expecting ?

how they avaluate their sifu and on which basis ?

when i read that about very important details ,people are seeing them like not too much specials and that ignoring them will not change anything ,this is a bis error

this is due to a lack of experience and know how received from a real master

regards

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Wing Chun Kuen wooden dummy 100 movements adding the 'life and death eight kicks' becomes the 108 movement wooden dummy method. The 100 movements include the Wing Chun Kuen: straight punch, tan sau, jam (chop) sau, fuk sau, jut sau, bong sau, wu sau, gan sau, kwan sau, low bong sau, biu sau, fa(?) sau, butterfly palm, inner and outer po pai, straight palm (jing jeung), horizontal palm, huen sau, lap sau, pak sau, lan sau, etc. hand techniques. How to practice? First must use power to hit, generally hitting until the area near the wrist grows and greatly increases in size. In picture 1, my teacher's wrists, 24 years ago he chi sau's with my student. Picture 2, my student 24 years later, looks at his wrists, Yip Man's wrists. Bruce Lee is inadequate here, therefore, he does not have the bridge strength. [afterwards, each time anyone meets a so-called Wing Chun Kuen master, first look at their wrists, if it is not like this, ha ha].
    the pictures were too heavy to be attached

If you have the photos in digital format you could save in a lower resolution or size.

Or you could upload them to a photo storing website and link to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

joy chaudhuri
    .......some well known moves performed wrongly in that clip!

GH

I'm sometimes quite amazed at how compact the Chinese text is when I compare it to the English translation. Takes me about 1/2 hour to read, translate, check and type the translation for one Chinese paragraph.
    =============

木人椿練的是用力准,打擊穿透力大,橋手力壯,身馬配合,手腳配合,左右迫打。力量反彈,人椿對打。有人整 天就寸拳,試試在幾公分距離內發力打椿手?木人椿上,會練到何為柔力,硬力,柔黐力,硬黐力。 內家拳講聽勁 ,木人椿后對勁的敏感度,聽起勁來比內家拳反應快得多。打椿動作不能快,放鬆身體,不用身體力,千萬不能搖 擺身體,接觸那裡那裡用力,保持呼吸正常,不要做成大腦因急劇運動而缺痒氣。特別不要什麼丹田氣,氣功,詠 春拳特別不相信這些東西,切記保持呼吸平和。
    The wooden dummy trains the accurate use of power, great penetrating attack power, strong bridge hands, body horse coordination, hands and feet coordination, left right pressing attack. The power reflecting, person and dummy fighting. Some people are always inch punching, tried sending power (faat lik) and hitting the dummy from a few centimeters distance?

On the wooden dummy, (you) will practice what is soft power, hard power, soft sticking power, hard sticking power. Internal martial arts (neijia) talk of listening ging. The sensitivity level to ging after the wooden dummy, means that listening to ging gives a much quicker response than the Internal arts.

Hitting the dummy the movements cannot be quick, relax the body, do not use the bodily strength, do not sway the body, where there is contact use power there, maintain normal breathing, do not restrict the amount of oxygen reaching the cerebrum due to sudden physical activity. We especially do not want any dantien qi, qigong. Wing Chun Kuen especially does not believe in these things. Be sure to remember to maintain even breathing.

木人椿除手腕打,拳打,掌打外,還需內外腳眼骨,小腿上下五寸處,腳面,腳邊內外,腳跟都打,讓身體充滿柔 鬆,馬步穩而不死,轉動快捷,眼到手到,手到腳到,四肢充滿殺傷力。

下次標指。
    Besides hitting the wooden dummy with the wrists, fists, palms, also need (to hit with) the inner/outer ankle bone, lower leg upper and lower 5 inches, shins, inner and outer sides of lower leg, heel. Let the body be totally relaxed, the horse to be stable and not dead, turning motions quick, where the eyes go the hands go, where the hands go the legs go. The four limbs filled with lethal power.

Next time Biu Jee.

Moshe- my comments in brackets embedded in your post:

[QUOTE=MOSHE;1126734]hello

fine to see regarding your precedent mail that you are progressing in your perception of the original wing chun
    ((Not exactly- just understanding Ng Chan's POV via your sifus writing)

i wish again to precise that these clips have no interest apart to show the precision of the flow of his movements (again like the ip man clips)
    ((All videos have limitations))

but they should not be educatives;
    (Understood- but gives some insights on POV)))

about the movements themselves most are wrong like the precedents videos
    ((Most movements- deliberately wrong? Depending on experienced eyes- you can see things))

in fact ,this way to film people when they dont promote anything of their own drive non
    warned watchers to a wrong practise on wing chun

((Videos are not the best way to learn- I did not learn via videos))

perhaps we should discuss about how people are reaching the level of mastering their art and to what this is really corresponding

((Me? By practicing as taught hands on and applying and experimenting=progressive experience))

what people are expecting ?
    ((Me? To learn wing chun well))

how they avaluate their sifu and on which basis ?
    ((Skill, knowledge, personal and teaching ability))

when i read that about very important details ,people are seeing them like not too much specials and that ignoring them will not change anything ,this is a bis error

((Some things can reinforce what I know))

this is due to a lack of experience and know how received from a real master

((My sigung was a very close student of Ip man and kept in touch with him even upto the day Ip man died))
    ((Again thanks for sharing. It's good to have a sense of Nf Chan wing chun. You may want to check the broad curriculum and dictionary of terms at:http://www.fongswingchun.com/
    As Chee pointed out your sifu's writing is pretty compact- even comes out that way in translation.
    Chee has done a good job because of his tacit knowledge of wing chun and the language skills))Joy Chaudhuri