Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 32.26%
  • No

21 67.74%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tcma dead poll

seriously speaking, when i visited the taiping meseum, i touched the throne of hong xiuquan, and some old weapons. i felt a great sadness, and a special connection.
    kung fu has nothing to do with forms, it is an idea. ideas never die.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

well, if you want to get sentimental and all ..... gggeeeeeezzzzz

all fighting is "kung fu"... "kung fu" can't really die

TCMA... well
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

kung fu forms dont look like real fighting. make your forms like its real fighting. problem solved.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    seriously speaking, when i visited the taiping meseum, i touched the throne of hong xiuquan, and some old weapons. i felt a great sadness, and a special connection.
    i'm happy for you really that you can relate so much to our brother hong xiuquan. congrats. all the best with that.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 08-13-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

taiping shook the foundation of qing.

somehow, the british turned their back and fought for qing

and the rest of western powers followed

taiping started his downturn.

this shake up

paved the road for republican revolution

this year marks 100 years of founding the first republic in east asia.

---

the rest is the history.

--

Blog Entries
    this year marks 100 years of founding the first republic in east asia.
    Yes, this is the 100th anniversary of the XinHai Revolution. We're holding an invitation only exhibit in san fran soon for this occasion.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    SO that now you few have decided that TCMA is dead, will you leave the forum? I mean, if its dead there is no need of a forum.

If you were to fight Anderson Silva, but told him he could only use wing chuns Bong Sao, don't you think he would still kick your ass? Why? because ability to fight is not in the form we use but in the mind of the user.

Of course boxers do the best punch, because they train it several hours a day exclusively. ANY technique from TCMA if trained several hours a day exclusively would become AWESOME. ANY movement of the body what so ever will become awesome if you train it enough.

If you only do a TCMA technique in a form you practice once a week, then off course it is going to suck.

If you want it to work you have to actually train its use... But thats on YOU.

Training is on you, don't blame the technique. A BAD WORKMAN BLAMES HIS TOOLS. An old adage, but if you guys STILL don't understand it.....

My point is there is nothing wrong with TCMA, its not dead. Whats wrong is only the way you choose to train it.

ALSO;

Why do people always complain about forms? Boxers skip like schoolgirls... and it helps their boxing immensely. Forms are like a boxers skipping, running and stretching and shadow work all rolled into one! They are incredible excercises, but off course they should not be trained alone! Just like a boxer shouldn't only skip.
    Most boxers bring their jumpropes "with" and skip to their Loo's for at least the first 3 rounds. This shows off versatality.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 08-13-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Thumbs up

kung fu forms dont look like real fighting. make your forms like its real fighting. problem solved.
    Now we're on to something ! Profound!
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 08-13-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Subitai

Hmmm, Ross... both of us were on this forum from way back. I can tell because we both have the "Join Date: Jan 1970". From way back when Gene took over "REC.MartialArts" user groups. Feels like 8-10yrs ago now. In that time, i've made less than 150 posts VS yours at over 11k. I'd say that YOU Froth at the mouth and keyboard quite readily.
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING in this thread?
    You mean this?
    Again, watching people froth at the mouth when they can't handle inconvenient truths
    That you addressed to me in your post #83??

Man, you're 11k + posts has turned you into a forum master of avoiding MY quotes of you. How nice for you.

LMFAO, dude, you need better material. Considering your "friends" weren't there you are just mouthing stuff you heard from a bunch of dudes who heard stuff from some people who weren't there
    Don't believe "hype" and rumor, that actually applies to what we are talking abut
    there, ie fairy tales about fantasy fu
    Oh really??? I know personally who was there.

- How would I know that your MOM didn't want people wearing shoes in the ring with her Shrieking accented voice?

-That you basically "held on" to your opponent for 15mins...and you had students walk out on you after. Once they saw how you can't fight?

again, you can't even describe what is "real kung fu" but I don't do it huh?
    BS, I had given you a PERFECT example of how I taught a raw student and it worked. NUFF SAID.

You think I didn't describe it, because you don't understand. If I work a methodology, make it my bread and butter and can use it effectively then that's Kung Fu. Doesn't matter if it's against Trained or Untrained people...it's just hard work. You are fool for even questioning it.

I've just come to the conclusion that you also don't fear Untrained Opponents because you are looking at it ONCE AGAIN from a SPORT SAN DA point of view. Yeah, in the rules of San Da and untrained Fighter sucks.

In the street, any dude who's athletic and aggresive can be dangerous even if he's untrained in any formal discipline. Man get off your high horse and admit that some people can be down right dangerous and scary in the street and all they ever learned was to street bum rush you!

and I know you're going to come back with this:
    And NO ONE in MMA, boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, kickboxing etc has ever been able to use their mere "sport" skills in the street!

But once again, I acknowledge that but also I maintain that if someone has actually USED a TMA in the street...then they are also valid. That is all.

you just showed you have no idea what kickboxing is

Yeah I did san shou / san da... what about it? If anything it serves to prove my point, Which is after years of fighting in those formats that I chose to do TCMA. I also maintain that NOT EVERYONE is a natural fighter. Some people CAN and some people Can't but that goes for Sand Da as well as TMA's.

Ross you've basically Bulldozed your way through this forum for years now. You got so many people to believe your BS...it's all talk. Those who talk the most are usually compensating for the most. 11k + posts are you kidding me? Get off your ass and do some work man.

I'm just sick of you infecting this forum with your BS of how TMA's are ineffective and making off comments about about cool silk pj's. (it's the major tone in majority of your posts)

And PS...
    Screw you on that Comment about me Fishing. Anyone that knows me, also knows that other than teaching and training, Bass Fishing is a personal hobby of mine.
    Last edited by Subitai; 08-13-2011 at 08:34 PM.
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post

Oh really??? I know personally who was there.
    No, you don't, but you think you do

- How would I know that your MOM didn't want people wearing shoes in the ring with her Shrieking accented voice?

-That you basically "held on" to your opponent for 15mins...and you had students walk out on you after. Once they saw how you can't fight?
    My mom was no where near there. And no students left, but if you believe it, GOOD FOR YOU. Believe whatever you want

but I must say it IS darn funny hearing people talk about things they think are true but have no idea how false they are

Did you hear it from Dixon Fung? Or from someone that heard it from Dixon Fung?

Did you miss the posts about how Dixon wanted to come to the fight but his wife wouldn't let him, so afterwards he made up a story about being there?

Ross you've basically Bulldozed your way through this forum for years now. You got so many people to believe your BS...
    So you don't like that people agree with me? Well, if you want to run a forum you certainly can and you can ban or edit or delete anything that you don't agree with. Here, that doesn't happen. There are people like me who see tons of problems with TCMA. There are people who think there are no problems. There are people who think "Tru-2-form" are a great idea

I'm just sick of you infecting this forum with your BS of how TMA's are ineffective and making off comments about about cool silk pj's. (it's the major tone in majority of your posts)
    Here's one for you to ponder, if it was 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that kung fu is 100% fine with no problems, do you think anyone would be moved by what I write? Do you really think me, ONE PERSON, is radically changing the world so that TCMA has lost respect and is viewed by many critically?

But again, basicly, you just don't like that I post negative views about things, even though I provide plenty of evidence and examples
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 08-13-2011 at 08:37 PM.

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Here's one for you to ponder, if it was 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that kung fu is 100% fine with no problems, do you think anyone would be moved by what I write? Do you really think me, ONE PERSON, is radically changing the world so that TCMA has lost respect and is viewed by many critically?
    I doubt this. I also doubt that you ross, can or will be the ONE person to change kung fu. i think you think you will, but i still doubt you could or ever will. just sayin. no disrespect intended.

But again, basicly, you just don't like that I post negative views about things, even though I provide plenty of evidence and examples
    You also post TRU 2 Form for examples when most know this isn't representative of KUNG FU at all.

Blog Entries
    Come on man, it's obvious that I know and have spoken to who was there (not Dixon). I leave you with that. I should apologize for digging at you too personally but you shouldn't call me a neanderthal.

I will agree with you that kung fu has it's problems. But so does any discipline out there.

I do also admit that there are ALLOT of Chalatans out there pretending and bringing it down. Gohring is a perfect example of the BS.

But just because you don't see Youtubes of people (hand over fist) fighting with TMA's, it doesn't mean that some people havn't figured it out.

Which brings me to my point, that if even ONE SINGLE PERSON has used a TMA effectively in a real life situtation....then you can't put down or invalidate it the way you do.

It's really not helping...mabe you're just self promoting ( I can sympathize with that), economy being the way it is.

If you want to improve the state of TMA's I think you should be more positive and cut down on the negative tones. You know, I've always said that San Da is a great tool and effective to supplement traditional Kung fu.

But if you think that Ring Fighting like san da is the ONLY way to USE kung fu effectively...you're dead wrong.

Every time, in any instance that someone used what they learned from a TMA to defend themselves is a victory in my view.
    Last edited by Subitai; 08-13-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

It makes sense now. The total about face. The distance he's created between him and his teacher. The rabid hate he seems to have for everyone and anything related to TCMA. This after decades of endless articles in IKF.

Interesting....

Then there's the delusions of grandeur.........thats another thread.
    Last edited by Lebaufist; 08-13-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Come on man, it's obvious that I know and have spoken to who was there.
    There were 6 people there, two of them were the people who fought, two more were my students. Black Taoist was there. So I'm sure you can figure out the math

My friend, ANYONE who knows me IN THE LEAST, know that my mother is from Virginia, born and raised there, she is a "daughter of the American revolution" ie her family goes back to colonial times in the US, she has NO ACCENT

She also lives in Florida and has never been inside any of the schools I've run

TONS of people know these facts so when you put up your "account" as "truth" you dont' know how funny you sound

Don't listen to gossip, you will think it is truth and say silly things

you shouldn't call me a neanderthal.
    NO ONE CALLED YOU A NEANDERTHAL, you really need to read more carefully (and consider more carefully) before you post

I was making reference to Chris Clark calling anyone who does MMA or kickboxing a neanderthal. Chris Clark in that 18 minute video comes off a fool and a rude one at that

JUST LIKE I MAKE A JOKE ABOUT THE POLL AND YOU MISUNDERSTOOD

JUST LIKE YOU DIDN'T GET THE FISHING JOKE

it was a joke, yet you get all serious about it

It's really not helping...mabe you're just self promoting ( I can sympathize with that), economy being the way it is.
    I don't come here to "self promote". My business has ZERO to do with "kung fu" and it is very sound. I only come here because I have a personal interest in CMA

And I do think it's sad where it ended up

Read some other recent posts by me, about some very real TCMA stuff, and see people who CLAIM to be kung fu people not getting it AT ALL

Maybe they mistook your wife for your mom?