Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
And I would waste time training something that supposevely takes years to perfect because you say so, when I can train using proven methods that will get good results.

I believe the body is capable of making loads of fantastic stuff, because I have seen first hand how mind over matter works.
I also believe the world is full of charlatans and fools willing to follow.

So far I havent witnessed any internal MA that has shown anything that cant be learnt with good hard work.

but ofcourse I have seen many internalist who are super fighters, they just dont want to show it because its to deadly

Most , maybe all people that found internal started out doing external, nothing wrong with that. External will give you results very fast. But what happens after years of doing external you reach a peak, then you start going down the other side of the peak. Externals are based more on conditioning, so as you get older you get slower and weaker and soon people with a less experence are giving you a hard time or showing you up.

Then if you are lucky you meet some little guy and by using little effort can throw you around like a piece of hay, and just laugh. Then you know there is something missing.

So you start training internal if you have a teacher, and soon you are going up hill again, and this time conditioning does not make any difference, and this time you will never reach a peak, the hill has no limit to how high you can go. Age , speed, strength are not the key factors any more.

But I don't know anybody that just went to internal that got any good, I think you need the external as a reference also. I think you need to learn all you can of as much as you can of MA so you have a reference to compare things.

Books are not real references, they are somebody elses experence, but they are good way to confirm your experences.

I would not even consider a student unless he has around 10 years experence in MA, otherwise they have no reference and don't even appreciate what they are learning, they need to be able to compare the old way to the new way.