I would really like to read this book.

He has received so much criticism, and yet from how many people who've heard the feelings in his heart and mind?

I think it will be one of the single-most valuble items in our modern era that'll allow us to see how and why The Abbot has chosen to embrace the modern world and all it's impasses/roads (internet, cellular phones, money-making, etc.) while simultaneously attempting to further Shaolin Culture.

The story of his succession to the position of Abbot is not only very Interesting and Special, but very Curious, too.

I also read the story about his disciple in L.A. and believe his heart is in the right place. But I haven't read the book, so i'd like to compliment that idea I have (of his actions) with his own words/feelings- see how well they meet up or betray each other.

I believe other people should also have an open mind too. Not all things are simply black and white. Perhaps the acceptance of gifts and running the monastery like a business are best for Shaolin? perhaps it is because of these things that certain events can be orchestrated and further books/videos published?