Thread: Good Training Clip

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    LoneTiger complemented the clip and stated that you have to progress. And I agree with that. And so do the guys in the clip.
    Its nice to see that someone here didn't misinterpret what I was saying. Not only do I think that this drill is a great exercise, I also think that moving images says more than any written word on this forum sometimes! And that is why I respect anyone who shares footage like you have here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    ... What I respectfully don't agree with is that chi sao doesn't give you the tools to deal with attacks from "outside the chi sao paradigm".
    And I agree here too. Although, me being me, I will replace 'chisau' with 'interactive training'! For me, Chisau is a manipulation tool. It's there to help us teach and also to help us understand how to shut down an offensive or incorrect method 'instantly' upon contact.

Fighting from outside the chisau paradigm is called Gorsau from my limited memory, and not many Wing Chun clubs do this often unless they're into sparring or competition. Not my cup of tea, but something I can coach through various interactive programs. For the right person
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Nice training clip. I can see a lot of Michael in Kai's way of moving.