Thread: GZ Wingchun 12 movements set

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    Yes, Gwong Zhau Wingchun is same as Sum Nung Wingchun. Just a name. This set is supposed to be 12 separated techniques and I just chained it up in a set to show on video without pausing. Makes it more easy to keep track of things.
    Thanks for the info

Seems to be a push of Sum Nung lately, which is cool, but I do hope future generations refrain from identifying their Wing Chun with an 'area' especially in the mainland. I have the same concerns for Kulo Wing Chun, as it's actually Fung Family Wing Chun, which has since spread far from Kulo village

Sorry to hear of your back problems but I'm sure your Taichi will help ease the condition. Any branch of Wing Chun that seems to concentrate on sansau or loose hand methods will have major weaknesses imho. Many strengths too but they will be missing the later developments and the more traditional approach to training the whole body.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but form practise is not considered important to the Fungs? Everything is in sets, or yaudim (important points) right? More of a Karate one-two step approach to your Wing Chun, that will work for some but not for others...
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 04-20-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術