Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I would like to officially thank the staff for unbanning me, this is a major validation of everything I've been saying.
    sorry, we just banned you again

but thanks for playing
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    all I have seen is some nekkid group hugs, and a demo of Klingon martial arts
    See? The quality has already improved!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    Of course you pin it all on the opposing party. There is no mention of your thin skinned angry retorts to everything knifefighter ever wrote. Those replies did not cause anyone stress at all. You can kid yourself all you want but you cannot kid me.
    I don't think that is a fair comment. That fact is Knifefighter's social skills encouraged hostile replies. He is as dumb as a door and as myopic as a mole!

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I would like to officially thank the staff for unbanning me, this is a major validation of everything I've been saying.
    You are very welcome! I am glad there is something I could do to bring you back!

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I dunno. lol

Knifefighter seemed to have a singular purpose here and that was to attempt to get under the skin of anyone who didn't support his myopic agenda of "only mma".
    I agree. But, he sensed weakness and he went for it. if people are more secure with what they're doing, KF shouldn't get under your skin. Yes, some of his points made perfect sense when it comes down to Gung Fu's effectiveness on the street or the ring. But his approach was all wrong.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

KF had , how can I describe it? Like an alergic reaction to some of the "off the rack" lame kung fu defensive comments. Ie he responded in the most aggressive and confrontational way. That isn't to say he was wrong, he was in fact CORRECT many times. Not to mention he is a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, has fought MMA and Vale Tudo, is a Dog Brother and has real world experiences.

He was a "bad fit" because here he would be provoked 100 times a day.

Read my serious thread a little down the forum and see what I mean
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    I agree. But his approach was all wrong.
    Exactly, his social skills are inept and his need to prove other's live in a fantasy world was excessive, not to mention he cannot recognize his own fantasy!

KF had , how can I describe it? Like an alergic reaction to some of the "off the rack" lame kung fu defensive comments. Ie he responded in the most aggressive and confrontational way. That isn't to say he was wrong, he was in fact CORRECT many times. Not to mention he is a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, has fought MMA and Vale Tudo, is a Dog Brother and has real world experiences.

He was a "bad fit" because here he would be provoked 100 times a day.

Read my serious thread a little down the forum and see what I mean
    Being an experienced martial artist does not give one maturity!

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I have to admit his fist down your throat force feeding was a little strong, but still I think some people need that. (not all but a good portion)
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The problem is if you don't response, people may think that you ignore them. If you response, people may think that you try to argue againt them. It's very hard to draw that proper line sometime.
    also, if you don't respond, they think it is because you cannot prove your point, and thus they believe they have proven theirs.
    Sometimes I don't respond simply because I think it's an idiotic discussion, and not worth getting into an argument.
    you know the saying,"When you argue with an idiot, it simply brings you down to his level, where he beats you with experience."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

sorry, we just banned you again
    I can't be banned, I have the staff on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    I have to admit his fist down your throat force feeding was a little strong, but still I think some people need that. (not all but a good portion)
    But those that need it also include people like KF, and those others he is trying to change...how much success do you think he had?

I would venture nearly none at all. All he did was come off like an @ss and finally get himself banned. That is not a very success manner of waking up people to their own foolishness.

As with many here, I agreed with many of his points, but his method was very immature.

Hey - I liked KnifeFighter and Kisu. Makes me weird I guess.

KF said what he felt, so did Kisu... they both tended to be a little too "passionate" with their points of view, but we all get that way from time to time.

I think the biggest problem on this board is that people hold grudges when we don't have to and those grudges influence our reactions to posts and members. That's where the stalking and bullying come into play. Let's continue to post our beliefs, and be prepared to be criticized... but let's learn to drop it like it's hot when it's a new topic or thread.

How banning works

It's very simple. I click a button in admin and that member is banned. For example, I just banned Dragonzbane76.

Obviously the main forum has gotten way out of hand with rudeness. Personally, I love the debates, and the locker-room smack talk too, but it has got to the point that good people are leaving and new people aren't joining in, so something has to be done.

Typically, the banning process begins with a number of complaints lodged against a member. I'll give that member a warning and if they cross the line, I'll ban them.

Right now, I don't have the time or patience to be so fair. I've asked our moderators to help me compile a list of bannable members, and if enough mods concur, I'm banning them. No warnings. Furthermore, I'm not listening to appeals for a while, maybe not until after the holidaze. Maybe this place will become a ghost town. We'll see. At 21,000+ members, that's the least of our worries.

Unbanning is as simple as banning - just the flick of a button. For this round, I'm using the 2 year ban function, which means those banned now may come back in 2012. Or I might just unban them if they are apologetic. Or I might just up their ban status to permanent. But like I said, I'm not listening to appeals at this time, so for those of you among the banned, save it for later, when I'm more patient.

I appreciate everyone's cooperation in this matter.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

No one is really invited anywhere to insult people all day, except some standup comedians, and they probably have the clap as well.

Blog Entries
    but it has got to the point that good people are leaving and new people aren't joining in, so something has to be done.
    hey, even the recent UGLINESS was getting to me as well. this place seemed like an insane asylum from monday to friday. it always calms down on the week end. but even i was like i'm so done with this forum...too much drama.

BUT IT'S ADDICTING AS HELL TOO!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Thanks Gene. I always appreciate it when you explain the process. And I remember I asked the same question a few years ago when this same thing occurred.

I also remember a few years ago this happened during the holidays too. I wonder if it is the board that shreds your nerves towards the holidays, or if it is other stresses going on, or both?

When mods don't do their job, forums go to crap.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !