Thread: My Twins started Wrestling...

My Twins started Wrestling...

(I didn't know what folder to place this in, so I figured I would use the MMA folder.)

My fraternal twin sons started wrestling camp this week. The season will go through mid-February.

The challenge is being their father, friend, and coach... all rolled into one. I want them to try hard, but I want them to have fun too. At this point, it isn't about winning (they are only 5 years old). It is more about familiarization, safety, and having fun.

I, myself, started both high school wrestling and Kung-Fu San Soo when I was fourteen years old; way back in 1980. I started Kung-Fu San Soo slightly first, but decided to try out for the high school wrestling team as a freshman. My logic back then was that Kung-Fu San Soo would prepare me for a fight standing up; and wrestling would help me if the fight went to the ground. Yes, I figured that out on my own, at the age of 14 years old, back in September / October 1980.

My wife is Brazilian. So, I plan on giving my fraternal twin sons their rightful cultural heritage of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. My wife has several uncles, great-uncles, and cousins (1st cousins and 2nd cousins) back in Brazil, who are high ranking in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and/or Kodokan Judo (or both).

The next 20 years should provide to be extremely challenging for me (provided I live that long). Mostly, I want to see them graduate college and grow-up to be men of great integrity and honor.

Surritt Bros. Kung-Fu San Soo
    P.O. Box 4533
    Salem, OR
    97302-8533
    (503) 508-1117

thats awesome... perfect time to start... so flexible at that age... i wish my parents had sent me to wrestling camps at that age... i didnt start till junior high...

Very nice. If you don't let them worry about anything but the fundamentals for the next ten years you may not have to pay their way through college.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    awesome,

sounds you describing your past sounds echoingly familiar with mine.

agree with kansuke if they balance out the basics now you might not be paying for college.

anyways hope it works out well...

(and it's not about winning, but you sure would like to see it)
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    wrestling is good.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"