Thread: Tiger Claw's 2nd KungFuMagazine.com Championship and 7th Shark City Nationals

Threaded View

All I can say is Lame. I will never attend this tournament again. You advertise it as being a kung fu tournament, and then provide Karate sized rings. How do you expect someone to perform a northern Kwan Dao in a 20' ring? Or any other linear form for that matter. Then when students ask for permission to leave the ring they are told that they will have points deducted for it. Even the tai chi people were adjusting their footwork to stay in the ring.

I would have expected this at an open tournament, but this was advertised as specifically for kung fu, which means traditional should have a 20' x 30' ring minimum, its not like there wasn't enough space. And then to top it all off, when wushu needed more space, no one had a problem sliding a second ring over and joining the mats together. I guess traditional kung fu is just not good enough for you guys.

I'm also especially disappointed in Gene, because I asked him about this before the tournament started and he said, don't worry, we will take care of it.
    Last edited by Fei Yan; 06-14-2010 at 08:48 AM.