Thread: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time hits the theaters this weekend. Who's bringing their kids to see this?

jake gyllenhaal is not persian.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

He's not the only one. Have a look at our take on Disney's take on PRINCE OF PERSIA

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    jake gyllenhaal is not persian.
    Dude, its hollywood, does that even matter anymore ??
    That would mean that only Irish can play Irish and Spanish can play spanish and german can play german, etc.

We need to drop this already.

Mel Gibson played William Wallace !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

^The thing is... white people in America have gone to great lengths to make "white" a generalized tag for essentially anyone from European descent. So much so that non-European peoples who would have considered themselves "white" are not "white" by European sensibilities. I also don't think that most white people care much about white people of different origins play a character of whatever descent. It's a very different thing to have California-born Jewish dude playing a Persian Zoroastrian(perhaps Muslim, but I'm pretty sure the Prince of Persia series is set in the era of Zoroastrianism's majority in Persia) and in fact, to make a movie supposedly about Persia without apparently any Persians taking lead roles. Certainly not as principle characters in the movie that warrant getting noted focus in the trailers.

It ain't cool.