practice any of your shaolin material like its taiji?

after i started chen taiji, and i realized the similarities between it and my shaolin material, i started to make the comparisons, and break down my shaolin material with a different eye.

now when I am practicing my 2 shaolin sets, i will always throw in a round or two that is more akin to chen taiji. slower movement with more on an extreme emphasis on structure and alignment and fajing.

some where around here there was a thread(still is im sure) pointing out the connections between the shaolin material i practice and chen taiji.

i think it was RD or Sal, probably a combination of both that laid out the historics of the connection.

of course I will still do my practices with emphasis on speed, precision and raw physical power. but i find that now i 'know' my 2 sets in a different manner after breaking them apart like this for about a year'ish

oh ya, the only sets i practice now are xiaohongquan, and dahongquan. i sometimes will do the chen (about as often as i do my other hand sets and weapon sets.) that i learned, but over all i feel that i dont need it because many of the techniques exist in the shaolin.

my martial goal: to continue to work my shaolin material until i die. also ill be beginning judo in a month, then i plan to work some form of jiujitsu along side the judo as a compliment. both complimenting my boxing.

i spend a lot of time with my heavy bag. very much so more than i do with forms. but i have not had a good sparring session in a bit. once I get my judo and jj on for a bit im hoping to remedy that by finding a MMA gym to let me come spar on a friendly basis if i can. mainly so that i can pressure test outside of the dojo ill be in.

where ever i learn jj may end up being a mma gym with bjj, not sure yet, so that might solve that aspect. the thing is i am wanting to hang on to my cma basics, ie; punches and kicks, and to utilize this for my boxing.

im not out to be any champion, but i do really enjoy training traditional arts. the judo school ill be joining is in a traditional format as well. im hoping to find either some traditional jjj, or if i can gjj.

i know this post went OT from my original posting purpose...but oh well.

ive always thought of shaolin as being a breeding ground for MMA, based on older generational standards of course, so it seems fitting for me to introduce my shaolin to the modern world of MMA. it only seems like the next step in evolution that my kungfu wants to go in.