Hi all,

Thought this would be a good thread to offer opinions or reviews of stuff recently watched.

Last night I watched for the 1st time:

Jackie Chan's, Police Story.

This was great! Kick azz! I like Jackie alot during this era. I really don't like his newer US produced comedy stuff. This movie Police Story had just the right blend of comedy, and hard action, and great stunts, and a good story, and Jackie was a madman. I have the Media Asia DVD release with only English subs. Good release, decent subs and decent picture.

I also recently watched:

Sammo Hung's, The Prodigal Son.

This was very good. Classic style Kung Fu, with great choreography, and good comedic elements, but also some hard action. I have the Fortune Star DVD release. Good pic and decent extras. I watched the dub version, which was very good. I prefer a dub IF is it good. That usually means real voice character acting with asian accents, and not a group of Seattle Freshmen kids reading the lines off, which is what all the newer dubs sound like to me. What I didn't like about this release on a technical note was during the Opera scene songs, that was not dubbed, and the subs did not automatically pop up, but when I pushed subs, it did have the words of the songs. I also thought the ending could have been better, as while the SPOILER ALERT! main bad guy was beaten, all the other characters just seemed brushed off like Sammo's character and his fat daughter. I think if the hero had come back to the house, it would have been a better closure ending.

I just started watching, Master of the Flying Guillotine.

All for now,

Chosen One