Quote Originally Posted by JKDISBEST View Post
Does any have an opinion on what is the best form of Martial Arts? Mine would have to be Jeet Kune Do.

There is no best martial art. I myself follow the CONCEPT of Jeet Kune Do. I stress the word concept because that's what it is, it is not a style. Jeet Kune Do is a pholosophy for life in gneral and one that can be applied to martial arts. It is to be open, to flow like water, have no restrictions, never trap yourself. To develop your Jeet Kune Do in martial arts one must first have training in some sort of style in order to learn what it means to punch, block, kick, etc. The ideal style to be trained in is the one developed by Bruce Lee himself, Jun Fan Gung Fu, but it is not absolutely neccessary. Once you have reached a proficient level in your chosen style you may begin to strip away what does not fit your personality and incorporate differente things into your training, from other styles, from anything in life really. Be fluid, be open, have no restrictions, this is the true essence of Jeet Kune Do. The person with the best style is the one who has risen above styles. As Bruce Lee himself said, "Have no limitation as limitation, Use no way as way." and "Be water my friend."