Vajramusti,

you wrote:
((JLQ is directing it elsewhere-but FWIW English is my third language and there is more...))

I am sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to say? Directing? I was merely pointing out, that as English is not my native tongue and that I am not surrounded by English-speaking people such as you - consequently, I may not understand inflections of humor or sarcasm and hence my commenting on the general atmosphere of the discussion. If seems I wasn't too far of the mark with my initial assumption...

((Versus? Sic?)))

The language thing...

((Importing interpretaions form another field without sufficient nalysis of comparability))

Mr. Chaudhuri, I have the utmost respect for your accomplishment in the various academic fields, very impressive indeed and always enjoy your input on various discussions, however I believe motor learning and sports science isn't one of the fields of your expertise? I may of course be wrong, and will gladly stand corrected on this matter. If this is they case, I would really appreciate if you could provide a an analysis which lives up to the criteria you just established. Does your statement infer that wing chun is not a physical skill, and that it is not learned according to "rules" that every other physical discpline abides by, in essence saying that sport science isn't really applicable to sports?
Granted, my comparison is rather general, superficial and simplified but I don't think going into more detail would really be more beneficial in this forum...

((By proclamation??))

According to scientific research done in the fields of motor learning and sports science - if you are interested, I will be happy to direct you to reference material on this.

((Ip Man. leung Jan and others would have been shocked to learn this))

What are you trying to say with this? Are you also trying to use a little sarcasm to belittle my posts? If that is the case, I would be most disappointed - definately, you can do much better. If there is something in my posts that you disagree with or that offends you, then there are other ways of expressing this.
As for the skill transfer of the pole to unarmed, I suggest you read it again... I never said that the pole is useless, just that the body mechanics are different and the real benefit of training with the pole is the functional strength that it develops.

((I sincerely doubt that someone who lnows pole usage ata good level has taken you through pole usage and its development stages))

Of course you do...

Well, then please enlighten me... I would consider it a priviledge hearing your opinion on the usage of the pole and what makes the development stages so special.

((If the ring helps you float your boat- more power to you. I am NOT trying to be sarcastic BTW.Internet posting does not always do justice to nuances of conversations))))

Indeed

respectfully,
JLQ