Thread: power ranger with a stun gun

Threaded View

stun gun assault

This story has everything - including a possible tie-in with the L.A. Crips. Prosecutors think that Deleon & his wife posed as interested buyers for a yacht. Here is what the police think: they went with the owners a couple of miles out and then attacked them with a stun gun, tied them up, forced them to sign power-of-attorney over so they could sell the boat. Then they tied the couple to the anchor and threw them overboard.

Do you ever think about defending yourself in this kind of scenario - in a remote place against a stun gun? They were offshore perhaps out of cell phone range. The boat had a radio I'm sure but this may be a scenario where a concealed handgun offers the best protection IMO. If I were going out on a yacht with people I didn't know I would want some protection - legal or not.

What do you guys think about dealing with this kind of attack - facing a stun gun out on a boat? I've never been hit with a stun gun and so I don't know how debilitating they are. Maybe firearms are ideal for this situation though. Any thoughts?

And if anyone knows who this guy was on the Power Rangers show feel free to tell us. The CNN link says he was on the show but GreenCloudCLF can't find anything to support that.
    Last edited by northernArts; 08-17-2005 at 07:45 AM. Reason: original title of thread was "power ranger with stun gun"