I've noticed there are a few other guitarists on these boards. This really applies to any type of musician but I'm using guitar as an example since that is what I know. I was wondering what parallels you see between learning to be a guitarist and learning CMA (MA in general). I've been playing guitar for 14 years and my MA experience is only a few years so I'm obviously at different stages in each discipline. But I can already see similarities in both.
One thing I've noticed is the cyclical nature of both music and kung fu. You practice hard at something (which can become tedious), eventually it pays off and manifests itself and you feel wonderful about it. It's like a baby opening its eye's for the first time - a whole new world of possibilities. Other times you can enter a period where things become stale, you question your talent,motivation, etc. But then, often unexpectedly, something inspires you and feel rejuvenated all over again. The cycle seems to repeat over and over (hence the term "cycle" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). I hope this makes some sense because it's something I've always been aware of and kept track of.
I can think of many others but I'll just put this one out to start. After all, I'm supposed to be working [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
-FSY

PS. This is getting off topic, but feel free to post info. about your guitar playing too. (guitars,styles,etc.)