Alright I think I may have finally found a place to train. I was looking through the phonebook and there was a place that said mma/jujitsu (among other things). I called and was like "i'm interested in that class." He told me it had been converted to a Krav Maga class. I was like "eh?" The good news is it's at my new gym which is like 5 minutes away from where I live. He said it's a mixture of boxing, jujitsu (bjj I assume), jkd, etc.

I asked the important question: do you guys spar?

He said yeah.

I was like cool. They train in regular clothes and shoes. I guess that makes it more realistic. I will wear MA pants, a t-shirt, and converse allstars (if we have to wear shoes) because all my other shoes are dress shoes for work.

So, things that I'm excited about:
1. A potential mma class that is close to where I live
2. Being able to train again

Things that I am worried about:
1. It might suck
2. It might deviate from effective mma stuff (ie. what if you walked into a "mma" class and they made you take a sideways karate stance)
3. There might be hardasses in the class
4. I thought I heard him say they grapple on hardwood floors. Ouch. I hope they have mats.

I have two free lessons, and it's $109 a month if I like it. That's a lot, isn't it? But, I can go as much as I want per month. He told me they also have a kickboxing class (16oz gloves) that you can go to as much as you want as well.

Well whatever. I'll let you know how it goes.