Thread: more on the state of kung fu in china

Threaded View

more on the state of kung fu in china

so before i mentioned i am doing shaolin now in shenzhen. my teacher lived in the shaolin temple for 7 years. the school also teaches ,qi gong, tai chi,and sanda all different teachers. now although i really like the class and think it is great,there is no contact training what so ever. if you want to do any type of partner drills or sparing you have to go to sanda.

now my gf started to to tae kwon do a month ago. it is pretty popular here. and the other day she went to a competition with the school to watch. they have 4 year old white belts competing in comp,fighting. and kung fu does so much as let you work an application on a partner.

i remember last time i started this discussion,some of mentioned i am not fortune cookie enough for my chinese teacher to teach me. i am just a rude ignorant foreign for asking to learn an application from a form. sorry for my french but that is pure bull ****. the chinese government has all but destroyed kung fu in china.

and as for those who have gone to china on a two week trip,and learn applications. yeah some teachers have adapted to teaching foreigners that pay them a **** load of money and get whatever they want. my teacher doesn't teach that way cause he teaches to all chinese,except me. and the chinese people have been "taught" to think in this non violent way. i guess the korean said **** that we will teach fighting and it worked.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 11-25-2012 at 08:55 PM.