Thread: Kung Fu Sparring League

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Everyone has an opinion about MA and how they should work etc. Opinions are like as$holes.... everyone's got 1 and they all small bad. Sorry DJ, I was not offended by Frost's post. Frost and I differ on opinion but he keeps to the subject and does not troll on us TCMA's like some other peeps I will not mention.

Frost: Legitamate art forms Thai boxing, wrestling are good MA. It is not the art form I am talking about, it is mainly the fighters themselves. A lot of people fighting in today's combat sports look like they are not learning a legitamate fighting style or art form (this is just my opinion). More like they have grosely traded power lifting and getting into shape, for Martial Arts skill.

Lets agree that anyone that spends time with resistant opponents (bjj, mma, sc, judo etc etc) will be better in MA than a person who does not have any resistance training.

However, just because someone rolls around (whether it be bjj or mma etc) does mean they are learning a legitamate MA. It just means that they are good rolling around and not neccessarily good at other aspects of Martial Arts training.

I can take any big thug with no real MA training and throw him in the ring with the same size person with mma or bjj skill and he will do fine. Not because the bjj guy sucked but, because general mma or bjj is something you can just do! Anyone can jump in the ring and hold there own. Not because the other guy is bad at mma but because mma and bjj are primal / instictive skills that we all have inside us.

did that explain it a bit for ya Frost? just my opinion.

ginosifu
    it did and whilst i disagree with you for the same reasons golden arms did, BJJ and MMA are not primal instinctive, indeed BJJ is counter intuitive as i is clinch fighting and things you do instinctively: grab the head, push away with straight arms etc will get you destroyed in both MMA and grappling, i respect your opinion

Oh and i knew i didnt upset you because we have had these discussions before and you unlike some people are level headed and secure in yourself and your skills
    Last edited by Frost; 11-09-2012 at 03:06 PM.