Look, its been a long night at the Psych Ward and I need a little escapism. I've always believed in the warrior spirit, I believe it curses through my veins...I've been a soldier, a modern armored knight (M-1 tanker), but in my heart I've always been drawn to the ancient warriors. That's why the traditional martial arts have captured my imagination.

Maybe I'm a huge loser, I'm single...have no kids that I know of and I ALWAYS turn off my phone on Father's Day, I don't want any out of state calls. But over the years I've contemplated what or who I would be in the ancient warrior classes. So here's what I've come up with:

The Yin: Ancestrally, I come from Scottish (Clan MacGreggor) and Ukranian stock, I could have been a Highlander or a Cossack. Seeing as I don't care much for horseback riding, odds are I would have been a hill running, kilt wearing, barbarian of Clan MacGreggor. It would be frighting to see me in a kilt, if I ever make it to Scotland...a pic will be posted. I would have chosen weapons along the line of this William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu vid...chain mail, targe, war hammer aka can opener and a vicious Scottish Claymore. Not one for heavy armor and large helms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SJPsCeflUw

The Yang: Now if I were to be an ancient Asian persuasion, Quai Chang Jew if you will, I find myself attracted to the Wudang mountains, Daoist philosophy, Tai Chi, and Xingyi. As a warrior monk I'd be armed with a Kwan Dao for keeping foes at bay, and chopping down horse mounted warriors. My back up weapons would be long sword across my back paired with horse hair whip...as I'm near sighted I'd keep a few throwing daggers on hand for ranged attacks. Armor would be leather vampbraces and possibly light chain mail shirt under my monks robes.

Who would you be? And how would you be armed?

Discuss...