Howdy to all my Kung Fu brethren!

Just looking for opinions, input, experience, etc.. on 'what is the best footwear you have used'

I know the general response is either "Feiyue" shoes or "whatever you wear everyday because you want to practice in what you wear otherwise it defeats the purpose...." ok.....got that part

What I am saying is, in your wonderful and experienced opinions, what shoes have you found to be useful, comfortable, and somewhat good looking everyday shoes that are functional during practice?

Its time for me to trade in my everyday raggedy @ss runners for some new shoes and I want to make sure I get a pair that are durable, somewhat stylish (though I am not terribly vain) but mostly function well (as in allow me to pivot without sticking too much, flex the toes up so I can use the ball of my foot, and still provide decent traction for kicks)
I was eyeballing those Reebok Zigs or CrossFit because the sole looks decently flexible, but I am afraid its too much traction that will kill my pivoting.

oh....please don't say "you're gonna have to try them on and see what works for you" I imagine I will at some point have to do just that, I'd like to get some feedback first and narrow it down a bit so I'm not in the shoe store Kung Fu'ing all over the place in 60 different shoes.... ya know

Thanks Everyone