Thread: Guandong Quan Mystery

Threaded View

Guandong Quan Mystery

Hello!
    Does anyone know anything about the form Shaolin Guan Dong Quan (Eastern Gate Boxing)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM__IOqodds

When was it created? Who developed it? Where is it from? Is it ancient or modern?

I have heard different things. One of which is that this set came from Zhao Kuang Yin originally. It was supposed to be paired with GuanXi Quan (another set that is a mystery to me)

The problem I have is that I am under the impression this set was lost to Shaolin. So I am confused. Is this set the original ancient set? or a modern one recently made up to replace the original?

Also, if anyone has any info on the ancient form, I could really use some help here.

There is a persistent rummer that the Guan Dong quan, and GuanXi Quan of Zhao Kuang yin (along with a 36 posture set, and a 366 one) are preserved in the Taoist lines at Wudang. I am looking for those 4 sets.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 08-31-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a