Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
No disagreement there and agree with what you posted. Notice, that I did say "slowly" when talking about doing the kicks with weights. I also made beginner recommendations and ones that didn't require access to a gym. If the OP doesn't have access to weights/gym, then the BW is the way to go. You can do strength progressions with just your body weight and get VERY strong. For example, one legged pistol squats. But, I'd also willing to bet that we would agree that it is also very hard to give quick advice on a topic like this without turning it into a VERY long post and/or explaining the choice given.
True, but no one ever said anything about not having weights

I'd even recommend against kicking slowly with weights. It's not really going to do anything except feel hard.

Even punching with weights, doing it fast is a terrible idea, and slow, won't do anything to make you punch tougher. It will just make you better at punching slowly having weights in your hand.

The limiting factor to kicking hard and fast doesn't have anything to do with the muscles being trained by kicking slowly weight ankle weights. Kicking power comes from hips, quads, lower legs. Make those muscles as strong as possible and repeat your kicking form and you'll kick hard and fast.