Thread: Yesterday's Journey snsn

Hybrid View

Ha! First pick in that last post on the right is Shi Hengbo. He was my favorite teacher at the Kunming Shaolin Temple. He's a good guy. Nice.

Shaolin Dan his name is Shi Yan San[black pants], the guy in the middle forgot his name, only met him once he owns the school that's gate we are standing in front of.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    Shaolin Dan his name is Shi Yan San[black pants], the guy in the middle forgot his name, only met him once he owns the school that's gate we are standing in front of.
    That's strange. I'm not going to begin to speculate on the name change...maybe you have better insight into why that would be.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    That's strange. I'm not going to begin to speculate on the name change...maybe you have better insight into why that would be.
    I'm going to take a pic and show him that really does look like him. how long ago was that?

That was about 15 months ago.

Cool. Good to know.

Did he re-disciple under Abbot Yongxin?

Typically when a monk takes up a new Yan-generation name, it's because of re-discipling under the abbot - a political move. Shi Yanneng did the same thing. He was formerly Shi Xingwu, if memory serves, but everyone called him 'Lunzha'. Xing to Yan actually drops back a few generations. Heng to Yan raises up one so it might not be the Abbot, but likely. Many disciple names are symbolic now.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart