Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
I study and love kung fu like most of us here do, but sooner or later you got to call bull****. I don't blame this MMA guy he didn't go to the Tai chi guys school and challenge him. this tai chi guy was so delusional he actually thought he could fight without ever practicing fighting. I had a little incident yesterday. I have been at my Shifu's school for over a year and a half. been doing this style for several years in my previous city, and doing martial arts for decades before that. so recently[last two months] my Shifu's kung fu brother has been at the school and he brings along this young like 18 maybe 20 year old guy who severed in the Chinese military. his training is a bit in Sanda and qin na. seems his skills are at least decent. but not a whole lot of realistic experience. so recently the kung fu uncle has been getting more involved with teaching some different skills to my Shifu's students. so yesterday during the pad hitting class, my Shifu's kung fu brother is teaching some basic Sanda skills. the young guy is also walking around acting like a teacher and basically showing off to the younger students.

so at one point the young guy starts trying to teach me some basic punch I learned over 20 years ago. and last weekend he was trying to do some nonsense demo stuff with me. so the whole class is watching now and I lost it. I punched him in the jaw[lightly] while he was TEACHING me. he doesn't. he doesn't try blocking or move, lets out a kind of stunned laugh. he goes on continuing trying to teach me some basic move I learned before he was alive on this earth. and I do it again punch him on the jaw with my other hand. he didn't even prepare for something[I would if this happened to me] so he just continues to run his mouth and I tap his groin with a front instep kick. through all this he never used footwork, tried blocking or defending himself. yet he is teaching me Sanda.

then my Shifu's kung fu brother come up to me later when I'm doing a kicking combination, he starts off with no and shaking his head[here we go,im thinking] he is going to reteach me how to do a round house kick. something I learn thirty years ago. I just couldn't do the whole let me be quiet and pretend I don't know how to do this and let him be the MASTER. I told him in Chinese[I'm tired, I had knee surgery before, and I don't want to give my body any problem].

The funny thing is at 46 and with reconstructive knee surgery, I still train everyday, about two hours. sometimes in the yard by myself sometimes with the kids. The Kung fu uncle and his young apprentice never train. I have never seen either of them train or sweat.
Good on you Wiz...