Thread: Traditional Wushu vs Cinematic Wushu

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Ah.... that's right you got fined for it, that was it. I don't recall the other fighter or fight but LOL same month.
    gordeau was a kyokushin and savatte guy. he made a decent name for himself from fighting. he was only 2-2 in mma, but he actually competed in k-1, too.. I think he trains some k-1 guys now.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    gordeau was a kyokushin and savatte guy. he made a decent name for himself from fighting. he was only 2-2 in mma, but he actually competed in k-1, too.. I think he trains some k-1 guys now.

He was who I most wanted to see fight. Savate. I was still heavily into TKD at the time. Kicking.

When you wrote savate I recalled who Gordeau was. I did not know he took someones eyes. He was serious as a heart attack as were all those early guys.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 11-02-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Here is an example of cinematic MA, with KF movie actor Chan Wai-Man. Admittedly, his MA background was probably more karate and boxing/kickboxing than KF, and also had triad involvement, but he is still a great example:

*Continued next post...

...Continued from previous post...

And here is an example of Chan Wai-Man in real professional kickboxing matches in 1982 (note: the title put on the video is misleading). Chan is the one who fights in the long pants (white pants in the first fight, black in the second):

He obviously knew the difference between cinematic fighting and real fighting. Aside from maybe these two kickboxing matches in his 30s, he likely had many street fights in his past as well.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-02-2016 at 12:57 PM.