Thread: Wing Chun Rolling

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Lad View Post
    I was wondering what people know about Wing Chun Rolling. I've heard that you can easily survive a 10-foot fall by breaking it with one of the Wing Chun rolls at the end? Is this quite a niche part of the style?
    I was never aware of rolling with wing chun. If you want to learn this art, try Jap Jujitsu. You will go through lots of this training before you actually learn to throw. You must train with another person, and you have to learn how to prevent your own destruction, as you will take your turn being thrown. As with anything else, you can not do it half way. It is like a gun. You gotta shoot someone with it to make it work. So you go all out in throw practice to really make it work for you.The throwee could easily die from his mauling if done right.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I was never aware of rolling with wing chun. If you want to learn this art, try Jap Jujitsu. You will go through lots of this training before you actually learn to throw. You must train with another person, and you have to learn how to prevent your own destruction, as you will take your turn being thrown. As with anything else, you can not do it half way. It is like a gun. You gotta shoot someone with it to make it work. So you go all out in throw practice to really make it work for you. The throwee could easily die from his mauling if done right.
    Interesting - is Jujitsu commonly practiced? I'm guessing it has martial applications? I only ask this as part of the reason for my training is actually being able to stand up to a gang who caused me a bit of trouble in the past. The rolling would be really useful as I live on an estate and they often chase me and try to beat me up - if I could jump off the first floor balcony and break my fall I could probably escape every time.

P.S. Mega_Champion - so there actually was rolling in the Wing Chun practice you experienced in Hong Kong? Could you tell me a bit more? Maybe I haven't been fooled as devilishly as I thought!
    Last edited by Fighting_Lad; 12-05-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Lad View Post
    .... so there actually was rolling in the Wing Chun practice you experienced in Hong Kong? Could you tell me a bit more? Maybe I haven't been fooled as devilishly as I thought!
    Fool me once ... fool me twice ... and you know the rest of the story.