It always seems like there is a big 'for and against' anything new (or old!) that comes along in the Wing Chun mainstream, but I have found all the banter quite boring at times!! From ALL parties too!!!

Why can't people simply congratulate someone on their article, event and findings as I am sure Jim has only shared this stuff as he is enthusiastic as ever to connect the dots that make sense to him. And this is what we all should be looking at doing isn't it?? Making sense of what we have rather than relying on what everyone else says?!

I have a lot of time for people who really put in the hard work and effort to uncover connections to our past Wing Chun influences, but I too am a sceptic because I have seen it all before, story after story, claim after claim. And where are all these people now?? What are they doing for Wing Chun now???

So do your own research, ask your Sifu the right questions (if you still have one!) and follow your hearts. What feels right for some will not be the same for everyone else, as I for one do not need any Emei/Crane Arts to make my Forms come alive, but I respect and understand maybe some of the reasons that others feel differently.

Then again, I wave Flags and train for a performance objective, so I am deluded according to some!