Thread: Archery

Threaded View

The light arrows will slow to much and have no real force behind them at distance. I am weary they would have enough weight to penetrate up close either. Against plate.

Anyway, the debate goes round and round. Some believe some do not.

I still do not believe we could train thousand men to all pull the same weight. Those MaryRose Pros were BIG MEN. Over 6 feet tall. The average height back then was 5'6- 5-8. Could there have been thousands of 6 feet tall people back then? But then again, I always believed that lifetime to be able to use was crap too. Who thought that up? First time doing battle and your disregard all previous ideas to train men as fast as possible? Which leads me to have to believe, there had to be great variance in actual longbow weights.

Look how hard it must have been to get people to even use their bows. They had to make a law to practice every Sunday. Why? Because for regular people, their life did not revolve around using a bow. They worked fields. Or built whatever. That was life. Not living like Robin Hood and his merry band of crooks depending on ones point of view. I have problems believing one day a week of half hearted play is going to create super strong archers. Especially when we compare it to todays hunters. Guys that probably practice as much as possible. Yet almost none use super bows to hunt with. Im sure they would love to have 100lb killers out there but they cant use them overall.

Heck, you could not even hunt for a time. What's the point in using the **** thing then? Burn it, Im cold ! Edit- Sorry I had to add: Son, get the warbow out, we need to getsome quail, LOL. Grab the heavy arrows, I want to gut this thing mid air so we have more time practice.

Legend just does not add up when you consider all the other facts of life and believed statistics.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-22-2016 at 02:29 PM.