Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
Winterpalm, sorry, didn't see your reply.

There are several different groups to train with at the sports school here in Wuhan. I train with the "professional" team, though I am certainly not a professional player. If you have previous experience with sanda, full-contact kickboxing (muay thai, etc), or wrestling, this is the program you will want to do. If not, well, this program will certainly not hold your hand as you get accustomed to the training. The training is full-time, about 5 to 6 hours in a day, with Sunday as a holiday. Saturday afternoon you also "take a break" by playing soccer for a few hours. The conditioning and weight lifting sessions are awesome. The facilities are a little dirty and worn by Western standards, but never a problem. The leitai is actually really nice.

The training itself, though hard, is really fun. Most of the people there have a good attitude. Training sessions tend to focus on one skill set at a time.....boxing, kickboxing, wrestling from the clinch, take downs, or catches. There is ample sparring. Saturday morning are dedicated to mini "matches" on the leitai and they offer you a chance to go full-out, full contact. If you are interested in competing, these are good experience.

There is also the standard school program, and also a sanda club, which might be cheaper, more casual, and better for complete beginners. Ask the administration, I'm sure they can help you.
The professional program sounds like something I would like to do if I go there for a bit....thanks!