...Proffessor Cheuk his lion dance is awesome with lots of low kicks and sweeps . I taught it was choy li fut moves , but now that you mentioned it , thanks for correcting me . But his lion dance was awesome .
No, you're right. We used CLF hoi sau in our lion routine. Cheuk is CLF, as well as white crane an hop ga. Our drumming is white crane.

And you mentioned hun mun ? Is that a kung fu club or a chinese society ? Or some kind of a group ? My friend David and my 2 - cousins was involved with Cheuk Tse too . Now Cheuk is involved with this Chi Kung tong Society , theres' a video on youtube , proffessor cheuk was blessing 6 - new lions , this is the way they do hoi gong in Hawaii . And Jeff Lam is the Sifu of the Chinese Lion Dance Association , and I heard that he ' s learning from proffessor cheuk now . Jdhowland , do you know if cheuk speaks chinese or english ? I do know that is assistant teacher Sifu Dennis Apele is now teaching under Cheuk too .
Chi Kung is Hung Mun. Wo Li Wo is Hung Mun. Their hearts are red. Same-same.

Lam sifu is a treasure. Really knows martial arts, too.

Cheuk's English is pretty good.

When I trained in Jung Moo at that temple we ' re talking about now , I saw the school sign Cheuk ' s Kung Fu Academy , and when I was in intermediate school in Hawaii , I met 2 - people who is learning from Proffessor Cheuk Tse , because their father is involved with the class . Jdhowland , Who is your sifu when you were learning kung fu in Hawaii ? What year did Proffessor Cheuk teach kung fu classes in Hawaii ? Because , at that time there were Lung Kong , Kuo Min Tang , and Gee Yung Physical Culture Club . And GM Kong ' s club and Cheuk ' s kung fu academy .
Cheuk is my only sifu in Hawaii. I also did Derobio escrima, naginata, Shinto Muso Ryu and Danzan Ryu jujitsu in the islands, but only Cheuk for Chinese arts.

Because , when I was a young kid I forgot how old I was , but I saw a lot of lion heads in the Hawaii News Paper . Today there are more lion dance clubs in Hawaii than kung fu / lion dance clubs , but it does'nt really matter , because the public has a wide variety of clubs they can plug in with for their special occasions , or to learn lion dance or kung fu / lion dance . Anyway , you sound like you were once a member of one of those kung fu club in Hawaii , so that ' s why I ' m asking you questions ? My mom is in a carehome too in Hawaii . Well , take care of your mom , and you won ' t regret it should anything happen .
The family associations and tongs have their own lion and kung fu clubs. Some are private, some more open. The commercial schools are rare because it is so expensive to find space. I was lucky to find Cheuk sifu in 1974 because there was no advertising or yellow pages add. As far as I have been able to confirm, Cheuk was the first person to teach a "Lama" style (White Crane and Hop Ga) in the U.S. He taught in San Francisco first and moved to Hawaii around 1968.