Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The irrationality of gloved sparring

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Lol that's the point of the clip. That is the ungloved result of gloved training.
    They are karate guys from what i gather, so no to glove training.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    give it up he isnt going to listen

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    I could point you to the various videos on YouTube of Kimbo Slice fighting bare knuckle and you can see the ungloved result of gloved training specifically boxing. The reason in your clip those guys were so bad is not that they trained with or without gloves it just looks like they did not have much practice actually sparring and so did not have a good skill base.
    Kimbo slice is a terrible fighter. Absolutely awful, very low skill level. I am not impressed by his fights.

The guys fighting in Chaos Madmax were all decent kyokushin based athletes, no different to those from Seidokaikan that fight in K1 and other ring events. They all train with gloves for head punches.

Yes glove training. I take it you don't know much about full contact karate?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Yes glove training. I take it you don't know much about full contact karate?
    No, not a lot.
    But i think youll find some do, and some dont, wear gloves.

Anyway, ill bail out of this thread as its getting more than a bit boring.

Personally I have MMA gloves and head gear with a cage mask for the face...

I also have a mouth piece, cup and boxing gloves...So yes as for Glove sparring...

I suggest you mix it up...

- use no gloves and do chi sau and light sparring with only light palm strikes to the face...

- use some head gear and mma gloves an see how it changes it up....

- use some heavy ass boxing gloves like 20oz an shoot for long periods of time to train attacking and endurance.

TRUE WITH BOXING GLOVES IT DIMINISHES CERTAIN TECHNIQUES CAPABILITY like Tan Da, Pak Da, Jut Da, Lop Da...But you can always alter or adapt your techniques to make it differently...the energies will be different but there are other benefits to using gloves...ONE of which you can get use to getting hit with out eating a knuckle sandwich! Even With MMA gloves its nice to hold back on more power!

But ne way its all good...do as you will as long as you get some sparring in!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

No, not a lot.
    But i think youll find some do, and some dont, wear gloves.

Anyway, ill bail out of this thread as its getting more than a bit boring.
    All full contact karate fighters train face punches with gloves, without exception in my experience. A few still do the occasional full contact with face punches. This event showcases that tradition.