I read this old thread, but the OP seemed to want a special monk's spade, instead of just a good one. I, personally, am more interested in durability and weight than flashiness.

Like, one concern of mine is that the weapon's shaft will break. I have no idea what I would do if that happened, but I'm sure it would cost a lot of money to properly fix. Since the weapon will be expensive in the first place, I'd like it to be strong. Maybe a metal shaft would be a good idea? And I'm more interested in training than competition, so I want a heavy spade. I've heard that it's better to learn with a heavy weapon, since improper form will wreck your shoulders and dropping it would, you know, hurt a lot.

So far, all I've been able to find is this one from WLE. It might be what I'm looking for, but it's hard to tell through a computer screen. I considered paying a forge to make a spade for me, but when I looked into Masterforge Limited - the one mentioned in the thread I linked, that told the OP they could make one for him - all I could find was a dead website. I looked harder and learned that Masterforge's products came from Zheng Wu Knife & Sword Company (reference) in China. I contacted them, and they told me, of course, that the spade I want would be too heavy to export.

And I don't know of any other forges that would know how to make one, let alone actually get it to me.

So yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing. Help please! D: