I've enjoyed every MMA fight I've attended. I've reported each fight I've been to here - all those Strikeforce fights and that one UFC fight - and every one was thrilling. MMA is here to stay, and I hope it continues to thrive. I hope I get to go to another one soon.

I'm just wondering if it has peaked. Apart from the weakening numbers mentioned on my my first post in this thread, there are other signs. The most telling in my mind was MMA's most successful film to date: Here Comes the Boom. Despite being (as I commented) a huge ad for UFC, it was a satire, and that's one of the signs that a martial fad is over. There's a satire. Remember when Sho Kosugi dominated the movies with ninja flicks in the mid 90s, and then came the satires like Beverly Hills Ninja in the late 90s? Or the resurgence Kung Fu had in the wake of CTHD, and then came Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

MMA has always been full of itself, which is understandable, given the nature of promoting such events. We also suffer from martial myopia, so we exaggerate the impact. But just take the recent Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight. I read coverage everywhere, even here. I'm sure every sports section had an article. I've almost never seen MMA coverage in the sports section. It still has a long way to go to become accepted as a major sport.